The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My current build: (2) Subtrunks... with pics. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for the kind words guys (especially the comment regarding my "Toaster on Wheels"... you either love 'em or hate 'em, right?).

As far as my book regarding the Subtrunk, it has been put on hold temporarily as I have been working a lot of extra hours to make bills, etc. This economy has been brutal! Upon moving back home to Northern California from Las Vegas,I took a leap of faith and lived solely of my income performing magic and designing illusions. Now I'm back to working the 9-5 hours to catch up.

I do have exciting news for those interested in the PDF file. I'm currently working part time for a local publishing company and have access to printing, sorting, and book binding machines! This means I will be going forward with having the book published so many of you will have a hard copy to keep in your shop or something you can take to a wood worker to have your trunk built from the step-by-step plans. I want to make this affordable for those who wish to build the Subtrunk so I've been thinking of something in the ballpark of $25-$30 after shipping.

I've been cropping all the photos from the fabrication process and editing them into the detailed instructions; as well as, drawing detailed CAD plans to accommodate you with the building specs, etc.

Again, I hope to present a book to the magic community that will walk you step-by-step- from the second you step foot into the lumber yard to the moment the trunk is rolled off stage.

It has been an incredible task and one of many published works I plan to release this year.

Thank you to all of you have been patiently waiting and I hope to get this finished in a timely manner. For now it looks like at least a 1.5-2 month wait before it goes to print.

Please send (if you haven't already) an email titled "Trunk" or "Subtrunk" to info@bryangilles and I will send you an email the second this comes off the printers.

Thanks again!
-Bryan Gilles
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Only .5 - 1 month to go!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
GREAT NEWS!!!

The book is done (as far as the writing)! I'm currently wrapping up all the illustrations, blueprints, and diagrams.

I hope to FINALLY release this in late November- early December!!!

Thanks again to all who are patiently waiting for htis project to go to print!

-Bryan Gilles
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I am interested in the plans as well... I will e-mail you Bryan. I think what you have done with the lid is absolutely brilliant. The metal strips are genius. I think you should do a whole line of "step by step" Illusion building phamplets. I've checked out your myspace and have seen your work, and it's very good. Again, wonderful job! Smile