The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My current build: (2) Subtrunks... with pics. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Well I feel Osborne has some of the best plans out there. I built my subtrunk based on some plans for a subtrunk that we used when I was in Bible College for our school assembly programs. The reason for this is that it provided easier accsesability and a solid box with no panels as with most subtrunks. This belive it or not, realy added to the deception, at least that's what we found. Plus both the top and bottome of the lid, as well as the rest of the box can be fully inspected. Because or our desgin, we are able to put chains litrealy anywhere arround the box, even over the T*******. area, and still be able to escape. Even though some aduince members may have an idea where the gimmick might be, after inspecting the lid and box, and then, chaining the box shut, in all possible escape areas, they are conviced there is no way any one can get out.

I love Bryan Gilles build though, it is very nicely built and am sure it will be very deceptive. Keep it up.
making the unreal, real...really!
magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
Wow Brian, looks fantastic, your one hell of a woodworker. I'd like to kidnap you, CHAIN YOU UP and put you to work in my shop for a few years.

John
Magic Kevin
View Profile
New user
Maryland - United States
77 Posts

Profile of Magic Kevin
Wow great work and thank you so much for creating this board! It really is helpful seeing others build and their techniques, I wish many more people would this. I am looking forward to your completed PDF and I hope you will post details here for everyone to see on it.
Kevin Smile
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 16:36, MagicKAmazinG wrote:
Wow great work and thank you so much for creating this board! It really is helpful seeing others build and their techniques, I wish many more people would this. I am looking forward to your completed PDF and I hope you will post details here for everyone to see on it.

I second that !!!!
magicnator
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicnator
It looks great! It's good to see someone building something themselves without "cutting corners"(pun intended) and actually going through all the right steps. most people just slam some wood together and call it a day. but it looks great!
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
When can we see a vid of them in action
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
I like it! Nice Work!
Dare to Dream...
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Great job Bryan. Awesome thread...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Quick Update...

I am nearing completion of the PDF file and will announce when it is done. This Friday is the trunk's first show, so I am really excited to debut it and see the audience's reaction. I'm going to attempt to get video of it so everyone here can see. My assistant and I have been rehearsing this twice a week- for almost a month and a half, and have made lots of changes in our steps as we go. I am thinking of listing these steps in the PDF for those interested.

All the best,

-Bryan Gilles
Magic Kevin
View Profile
New user
Maryland - United States
77 Posts

Profile of Magic Kevin
I'm glad to see the PDF is almost finished, and yes the steps would be very helpful. Good luck in your performance, and I am sure the audience will love it!
Kevin Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
The PDF should be done by mid-next week to those of you who have been inquiring about it...

Email me at info@bryangilles.com and put "Subtrunk PDF" as the subject for more info.

-Bryan
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
I sent you a email a few days ago..
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Has anyone got an update? I wanted to make sure it wasn't my email spam filter or anything.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
I havent had one yet. I was wondering the same thing about the email, but hopefully we will all be put out of our misery soon lol,
Dave
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Nothing here either...Oh well.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey guys..Please accept my apologies. I have been swamped with things outside of magic. I'm hoping to have this project complete by the mid-week or into next weekend. I want to make sure I'm not leaving out one little thing from the time you step foot into the hardware store to the time the trunk is rolled off stage. It will be worth the wait.

-Bryan
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Any update yet?
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Any one have any news on the PDF yet?
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Great looking trunk !!
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
That trunk really looks AMAZING! Congratulations on a beautiful trunk you built there Brian! Just for the record, the Scion is one of the nicest looking cars in my opinion Smile