The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Advice on getting started with arduino? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Great,
its a little overwhelming at first.... just hang in there. I'll post a video of a prop I just made for a friend of mine.

Jeff
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Here is one prop I made using Arduino......
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Ok....posting in a minute or two, probably three......
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
ThunderSqueak
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ThunderSqueak
Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEaUVcT0H5Q in a strange way.

This also looks like it would be a neat effect to use in conjunction with an arduino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2bvWArORSc
penitentialarts
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of penitentialarts
You may want to check and see is there are any makerspaces in your area. I belong to one in my area, and took some basic Arduino classes there.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
If you haven't already, take a peek at my "ultament homemade suitcase table' above. despite the name it's all about Arduino for magicians.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Adafruit have some great Arduino tutorials (they are the manufacturer for most of the US boards). I would start with an Uno for prototyping and playing with before moving over to a Pro Mini or Nano to finish if yo need something smaller. There are plenty of clones available very cheaply from eBay, but in the same way that in Magic creators are supported, I would suggest at least making your first purchase from arduino.cc or Adafruit.

I've been playing with Arduino and Raspberry pi stuff for projects unrelated to Magic, but perhaps doing something for Magic would be interesting!
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
783 Posts

Profile of TStone
There's a simple Arduino project in the current issue of Genii (June 2016).
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1185 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I would suggest not using an Arduino for an actual finished item. They are great for prototyping on, but they are comparatively bulky and power hungry. Once you have the code working, it's fairly easy to replicate it all on a much smaller chip, eg the ATTINY85 or ATTINY84. And they are really cheap. You just need to learn how to burn the code onto the chip but there are lots of tutorials out there that explain it.
Jolyon Jenkins