The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: What would you do with this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Wow Wmhegbli,

Will you be my manager. Awesome...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 20:30, wmhegbli wrote:...Randy Rain is selling a Dynamite chinese sticks and if you can get your hands on the old P&L Ching Soo Fire Cracker, that was remade by R&T 1 and I think 2 also made a set...

My cousin makes a fake dynamite timebomb that would make a great final load too. It's got an old fashioned alarm clock on it with the loud ticking. Very neat.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Tabman - That sounds cool. I would like to see a picture of that.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Easiest way to load the snakes in the pvc tube is to have a hole drilled near the top of the tube. You have a piece of heavy wire with an eye hole bent on one end and a string attached. Load the snake and slip the wire through the holes in the tube keeping the snake in place. Finish loading the other snakes the same way. When you want to arm the snakes, pull the strings removing the wire. If you attach all the strings to a piece of dowel and have a slot in the side of the box, you can remove all the wire with one pull. This way you can get in and out of the box to remove misc. props during your show but can arm the snakes when you have spectator open the box.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
That is a cool idea Ray. Thanks. I think I have an idea below that will use the board, but I like the wire alternative.

Combining some thoughts on this thread, how about this...

I introduce myself as Tony Thomas, TNT for short. I tell everyone we are going to have a dynamite show, and open this box with a bang. Confetti bombs go off. This way the box is shown open. Then I remove the board and show a sign on the board that says "No Snake" (Actually a picture of a snake with a circle and slash that idicates "No"). Set the sign down and of course, removing the sign arms the box. I can refer to the fact that there is no snake between each trick and the finale will be to open the box again revealing "no snake" but many "snakes". That way the box is an opener with a bang, a running gag, and a closing surprise. How does all that sound.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I'll go ya one better: Make the table stand itself from a PVC tube, and have a matching hole in the center of the bottom of the TNT crate. Now you can load 30 snakes into a single line, and only one wire to control the release. Paint it black or chrome to hide the size of the pipe. The last 2 or 3 snakes might not leave the tube, but the 1st 27 will make a heck of a display.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
That is awesome Chance. Great idea. I probably won't build it like that to start with, but this could be an easy adaptation later. My plan is to just place the box on an existing table and at this point I don't want to put a hole in the table. Maybe I will in the future though...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Now I'm curious. How much does a spring snake compress??? Who makes them??
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tabman, they still make the old peanut brittle gag can with spring snakes in them. I think 3 come in the can.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
There are probably a lot of variation with these. Mine are about 2.25-2.5" wide, and will compress to about 1.5". Uncompressed they are about 3' in length.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Randi Rain sells Chinese sticks that look like dynamite. Take them from this box.

Bob Phillips
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Okay. I have worked out the plan. I bought four of these...
http://www.theprankstore.com/shop/produc......stseller

with some of the snaps that make the explosion sound. I have also ordered 4 of these...
http://www.prankplace.com/product.aspx?d......394&c=34

This combination will explode four devices in a series, and then I will be able to shoot out 8 snakes. I'll look for the Chinese sticks that Randi Rain Sells. That would be an easy addition. Here they are, very cool...
http://store.randirain.com/
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
You could make a cool Teleportation Device or a Mirror box.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just thought of an addition to the opening saying, "I'm TNT. Tony Thomas, not TT." Wait for the laugh, etc., as given before.