The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Real Looking Gun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Is there a way I could have one round shot at a watermellon or something first before hand to show that it is a real gun?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
No
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Check out this site before you try it:

http://www.bulletcatch.com/
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Do not do it
saracen
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of saracen
Just a note on the gun pictured above. I have the same model, now the barrel is sealed at the end where the blanks are, so when the gun is fired the flash will come out either side of the holder but not from the barrel. However no one has ever noticed this or commented on it when I'm performing.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
YES you can but that would require you to buy a squib and mod it so that you can get that effect. The squib would be conectted to a fircracker instead of a paint tube, you would shot and set off the squib to send a charge to the fircracker adn set it off at the same time you shot the gun and the melon would have a chunk explode. You are going thru a lot for what seemed to be a straight forwrd effect, why add so much to make it harder?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 20:25, braddini wrote:
Is there a way I could have one round shot at a watermellon or something first before hand to show that it is a real gun?

Certainly there is. I strongly advice against pyrotechnics though but you could use what I used for a stage play where a vase was shot nightly for a year.

Get a plastic watermelon. I have never seen one but as there are pumpkins, pineapples and tons of other stuff for decoration purposes, I think there must be watermelons as well. Inside the melon hide a CO2-operated confetti launcher. Obviously you need to have a "bullet hole" on the melon. Naturally you're not to use confetti in the launcher, but simulated water melon pulp. You could do that by simply shredding some pink foam rubber (like a sponge you'd use for washing dishes). Cover the hole with something green that matches the melon (could be the part you cut out or just green tissue).

I know that's not awfully detailed but gives you the general idea.

The vase I built had such a CO2 launcher inside (though this was in front of a wall so it was partly outside the vase, behind the wall) and for each show a thin sheet was molded from candle wax with a mold taken of the side of the vase wall before it was cut. Small cut-up pieces of an eraser, roughly matching the color of the vase, were launched from the launcher breaking the thin wax sheet so it wouldnt just fly off as one piece. The wax bit was held in place simply by some vaselin around the hole.
Sent from my Typewriter
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Who is next....???? :o(
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Well, I really want to go thru great lengths to prove the gun is real. that is all. or do you think it is too much?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com