The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Release date update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Well folks - here's the latest in regards to the new line.

Because of the high standards that we set for the quality of anything Tenyo Elite, we have switched to a new manufacturer. Why? Though the first few prototypes we took to Las Vegas were great - we wanted to go beyond just great, we wanted excellent.

Well, we found just the folks we were looking for and judging by the samples we have so far we are glad that we made the change. The only way these bad boys could be any better would be to cover them in a layer of 14k gold. Smile

That said, we are almost there. Now instead of months away it is only a matter of weeks...stand by!

By the way, I know I already posted this elsewhere but for those of you who may have missed out - be sure and check out the following pages while you are cruising the Internet. Smile

Tenyo Elite on FaceBook. If you have a FaceBook page be sure and become an official Tenyo Elite Fan - you can do this very easily. Smile

Tenyo Elite on MySpace. Those of you who have a MySpace page be sure and pay a visit and leave a friend request! We just set the page up so come one and all!

Tenyo Elite on YouTube. Our official YouTube page - again, if you have a YouTube page be sure and subscribe and add us to your friends list! Smile

Follow our tweets on the official Tenyo Elite on Twitter page. Smile

Official Tenyo Elite Website. Here you can keep up with all that is TENYO ELITE. See the products up close, watch videos and sign-up for our mailing list - Its FREE!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Let me guess, uh, China?
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
To answer The Wizard of Hearts, I said BETTER quality, not cheap garbage from China. Just so we are on the same page - these are NOT being made in China or Mexico. This is a North American project. We feel compelled to help the economy here at home, not the economy of a foreign country. Thanks for your time.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Bravo! I stand and clap at this mindset, as I would expect no less from Steve and his partners. I am, however, concerned with the delay. In theatre, we were always concered about "peaking" too early. I hope this will not be the case with interest in the product as time goes by.

I for one continue to wish nothing but the best as the project goes forward.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Steve, thanks so much for your support. Smile

Actually we are now only weeks away from the first two releases and I will be posting more information very shortly. Smile
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Quote:
On 2009-07-19 01:19, Steve Brooks wrote:
To answer The Wizard of Hearts, I said BETTER quality, not cheap garbage from China. Just so we are on the same page - these are NOT being made in China or Mexico. This is a North American project. We feel compelled to help the economy here at home, not the economy of a foreign country. Thanks for your time.

I'm sorry, Steve, for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the possible nationality of the manufacturers of the FIRST set.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I see, no worries then. Smile

Actually, the first manufacturer was here in North America as well. FYI. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hello all:

I wanted to give you an update regarding our Tenyo Elite line. On behalf of my partners Jason Palter and Peter Loughran, I am proud to say that our first two Tenyo Elite releases (Fortune Sticks and Moonspinner) are officially in production and being manufactured as I write this letter. Our other two products (Blue Crystal and Soft Coins) will follow in a couple of months---to ensure that all our 2009 releases are out before the end of the year.

READ: Fortune Sticks and Moonspinner should be ready for sale by the end of September!!!!

We want to thank everyone for their incredible enthusiasm and for their patience and understanding during the past few months.

The delays were so frustrating, and yet also were to be expected with a project of this magnitude. As most of you know our goal is to truly create an "Elite" line of Tenyo tricks, and as a result this in itself brings forth many challenges.

One of these obstacles was to ensure that we were going to be able to produce a high-level of quality. One of the many reasons for the delays in releasing these tricks was due to the fact that we were having trouble finding a manufacturer that could make items to the quality standards we were demanding, but yet allow us to then sell them at a reasonable price. Add to that the fact that initially we are having a very small number made (yes, supplies will be limited) until we see how well these are received. Most manufacturer's here in north America demand extremely large numbers to be ran so that made things tough as well.

The latest is that we have finally found a company that we are very happy using here in North America, and at a cost that was acceptable to us. While we are getting a very nice product and quality that we know everyone will be very pleased with, it means that our costs are much, much higher.

As it stands now, these first two tricks will sell for the retail price of $100.00 USD each. It is possible that the latter two tricks may be slightly higher than that due to their mechanical construction, we don't know yet.

So as everyone knows, with every force that occurs in the universe there is always something that has to "give" or be "pushed" as an opposite reactionary force.

What has now happened is that due to these increased costs on the products from our manufacturer (again, to ensure that we get a great and "elite" quality product for you our buyers), we will not be able to meet our initial plan of selling the tricks through the various magic shops and dealers. Because of the normal markeup that occurs between distributors and dealers the final retail price would no doubt keep these items out of the hands of the average magician and that simply was not acceptable to us.

Understand that while we knew the price on Tenyo Elite would not be cheap, we still wanted everyone to have the opportunity to own one. We did not want to price these tricks out of the range of the average user

At the end of the day, in any business, who is the one that TRULY matters? That's right, the consumer; because it is they who will buy the products and have to be happy. They don't care where they get it, as long as they get a good product and service with a fair retail price. We want our customers to be happy and we are happy to be able to finally meet that goal.

Having said all that, in order to keep the price reasonable (and still maintain quality) we will be selling these products direct from our official site, www.tenyoelite.com. We trust that dealers and consumers alike can understand our position and why we have had to do this-----it is simply economics! Perhaps in the future this will change, but for now that is the only way this will work for us.

Peter, Jason and I have a huge amount of experience in direct sales and shipping products such as Tenyo Elite, and already have laid out a bit of an "infrastructure" to meet with our projected demand. We therefore will be ready to sell these when we receive the first 2 products from our manufacturer at the end of September.

We will be accepting Paypal (which you just need a credit card; it is very easy and free to use by the way!), as well as other forms of payment.

We will continue to keep you up-to-date on our official site, on our Facebook page, our MySpace page, our Twitter Page, our YouTube, the Magic Café, and on other various forums online.

In addition we will be sending news and updates through emails to those of you on our mailing list. And by the way, if you haven't joined our mailing list yet but are interested in being amongst the first to know about updates and product information, please go and join right now!

Thank you all for your time and understanding on this. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day! Smile

HEAD OFFICE:

JPS Magic Studios Ltd.
85 Cedarcrest Crescent
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 2P4
CANADA
Email: info@tenyoelite.com
www.tenyoelite.com
Phone: (416) 410-5766