The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: A bit quiet but... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Nowadays, Tenyo conversation is minimal. Not much interest in rehashing the same old thing.

Anyway, I think I am soon going to have something to announce that will draw interest in posting once again.

Yes, I am taking a risk making this announcement but, after more than 50 years enjoying Tenyo magic, I believe I know a really cool and interesting thing Tenyowise.

So, stay tooned and after I know that my vision is accurate, I will spill the beans here.

By the way, my announcement will not be something like they are re-releasing old classic Tenyos. No! Not that cool but an unusual move for Tenyo IMO.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I my curiosity is piqued so I can’t wait to hear the announcement!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

First let me say that if you are a Tenyo addict like I am, then you will enjoy hearing this news. If you are not, you will not really care. Anyway, here goes...

A special run of Tenyo Crystal Cleaver is now available. Cool, huh?

The props are the same but the packaging has been changed. I do not remember Tenyo ever doing anything quite like this.

Here is what the new Crystal Cleaver box has...

* they changed the color of the box from yellow to a really nice Aqua marine blue green color
* they printed The Greatest Penetration Trick Ever Invented! and CRYSTAL CLEAVER T-155 on the front of the box in English. Yes, the T number is now all over the box!
* the writing on the back of the box is in both Japanese and English
* you can download the English instructions from the internet

Here is what it does not have...

* there is no +1 or code sticker on the top flap of the box as is usually found
* there is no TENYO NEWS insert which is unfortunate

This is a first time ever Tenyo packaging decision like this one. By the way, Tenyo discontinued Crystal Cleaver a while back but apparently did a very large final run so they were still available until maybe two or three months ago. I am thinking that this run was 5000 but do not know that as a fact. Are they going to do another run? I was told no but you never know...

This run was still made in Japan which speaks to consistent quality which is very important with this trick.

So there you have it! An unusual move for Tenyo.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Any photos available?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Not that I know of.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Where can we buy one of these special runs? My web searches only show the older yellow boxed release.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Quote:
On May 16, 2021, kwarren wrote:
Where can we buy one of these special runs? My web searches only show the older yellow boxed release.

I am thinking that any place with new stock should have it.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
A shot I took of the new box (on left) beside the previous one....

John