The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: 38 Tenyo for lot sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Hi all,
I have these Tenyo that are duplicates or not on display, so time to go.
They are all used but in good condition. They all have instructions.
The one of two letters at the end mean;
B- the item is in a baggie
Y- Means it is in the original package
The prices listed are what I would probably start at on ebay for individual items.
I would love to sell all 38 in one lot, but, would be open to selling lots of no less
than let's say 10 pieces per lot.
To simplify this I'll pay shipping in the US.
I really don't want to package these individually, so buy a lot Smile

Tenyo T36 BILLIARD BALL $21 Y
Tenyo T137 BOLTED! $20 Y
Tenyo T14 CHAMELEON SILK $21 Y
Tenyo T244 CLOUD MONEY $21 Y
Tenyo T73 COIN IN NEST 21 B
Tenyo 29 COLOR CHANGING SILK 21 Y
Tenyo 35 CROSSROADS 95 B
Tenyo 24 CRYSTAL TUBE 21 Y
Tenyo DEVIL HANDKERCHIEF 21 Y
Tenyo 03 DIMINISHING CARD 21 Y
Tenyo 69 DYNAMIC COIN Euro 21 B
Tenyo 99 DYNAMITE TUBE 18 Y
Tenyo 160 FANTASTICA 70 B
Tenyo FLOATING BROOM 8 B
Tenyo FLOATING CARD 10 B
Tenyo 121 GOLDEN FLEECE 12 B
Tenyo 139 KNIFE OF THE NINJA 70 B
Tenyo 178 KRAZY KEYS 25 Y
Tenyo 102 LUCIFERS LOCK 41 B replacement lock
Tenyo 215 MAGICIAN'S MATCHBOOK 35 Y
Tenyo 31 MILK TUMBLER 21 Y
Tenyo 196 MONEY CUTTER 21 Y
Tenyo 208 MONEY SPLASH 8 B
Tenyo 21 MYSTERY POODLE 21 Y
Tenyo 225 MYSTIC BLACKBOARD 22 Y
Tenyo 234 NEWSWORTHY TEAR 8 Y
Tenyo POP UP CARD 12 Y
Tenyo 218 RISING CARD 21 Y
Tenyo 71 ROPE TO SILK 21 Y
Tenyo 10 SILK FROM HANKY 21 Y
Tenyo 25 SILK SERENADE micky 21 Y
Tenyo 68 SILK TO EGG 21 B
Tenyo 206 SUN & MOON TUBES 25 Y
Tenyo 237 SYNCHRO BOXES 22 Y
Tenyo 01 THIMBLE 21 Y
Tenyo 247 TOWER DICE 22 Y
Tenyo 100 TWO INTO ONE ROPE 21 Y
Tenyo 200 UNDERCOVER CUBE 25 Y
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Interesting.... I learned a few things from this post.

1-Tenyo does not sell well in lots! Just FYI- not one offer or even a PM, despite 101 views.

1- 101 views!! Only a dozen regulars here, so 90 people are lurking in the Tenyo
forum & that's GREAT! Welcome lurkers Smile Whether you own a small collection or large or just enjoy the magic of Tento we would LOVE to hear about it.

2- Selling Tenyo. There are the 10 impossible to find Tenyo. There are the Platinum 20 scarce Tenyo. Then of course the 20
Gold Tenyo we love to perform, Then the Silver Tenyo that carry the Tenyo name/history or inventor name
that we want just want to own, THEN, there are the brass Tenyo. Easily available or not very good magic. Most of what I offered in this list must be brass because there was not one single query!

Comments???

PS- there were 57 views of the same post over at the Genie Tenyo board. I had the same title on it there. Were those 57 additional views or distinct from here. Of course probably an overlap. But how many??
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Patience my friend, patience. Smile It's only been one day.
Lots of anything can be hard to sell, not just Tenyo. And whoever buys the lot will probably be doing it to re-sell -- so they want a bargain -- usually to sell each item for 2x of what they bought it for.

When I saw the list, I immediately knew it wasn't for me because I wasn't ready to drop about $200 right now. But that's just me and I'm sure if you give it a chance you may get some bites. Good luck.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I did not respond for two reasons:

1- you made it clear that you were looking to sell in larger groups. There simply were not 10 plus that I was interested in.
If you were selling individual items I am sure you would get much greater response.

2- while some if the prices are good and none are crazy bad I also did not see bargains. Now I will pay top dollar for the stuff I want but if I need to pad out an order to meet a minimum I would need those to be bargains. Some if your listed prices can easily be matched with sellers who will sell individual items.

You have to ask who you are appealing to here? An established collector who say needs knife of the ninja will not need 9 other kinda common tricks.
Someone willing to buy 6 or 7 tricks they don't need to get 4 or 5 they do need will have trouble reselling those common tricks because they paid top dollar.
So really you are only appealing to a new collector who wants to amass a base if their collection in one fell swoop. I'm sure they are out there buy probably not in droves.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Hi Ed,

I think people don't want to have to buy 10 things. If I only wanted one item, I would be stuck with 9 others I would have to get rid of. Maybe let people buy the pieces they want and group the leftovers into a lot?
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
OK, how about this idea?
Anybody want to make me a "FAIR LOWBALL" (if there is a such thing?) for all 38 pieces,
You can sell individually on ebay for full ebay prices. and postage for one lot of 38 pieces
shouldn't be too bad.
Remember, I am prepared to be FAIR not stupid.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
If you are asking others to take on th work of selling then the prices need to really reflect that Ed.
I don't mean to be a pain at all, that is not my intent, but I have a fair amount if eBay experience and the fact is that the value is in the work. It does take work to catalog and photograph and list and ship and on on all of those items... and threfore it almost becomes a wholesale / retail type of deal which I am guessing you woudl find unacceptably low.

If you break up the lot into individual sales I bet you would have more luck.. but more work.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
OK guys,
It was just an idea I thought worth trying.
Nevermind Smile