The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: My Newest Tenyo-like Treasure (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Very nice.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Eric also supplied me with a smaller carved "Idol" to experiment with. can see using this for more casual performances as it works great on any smooth surface. Will try using it with mini post it notes or coins around the idol.

John
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
So John, can we safely assume that your deluxe set works exactly like the Tenyo version? I am assuming that it is not only as good as the original but visually and performance-wise, even better.

Any input/details you can offer would be appreciated.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Magical Moments:

Below is a side by shot with the Tenyo original. I have always thought the Tenyo method was great but always wanted props that were as beautiful as the method. I never had an issue with how the Tenyo version works and my custom version works just as well and because the certain somethings are stronger I can increase the distance. Eric's magic pieces are generally unique with no two the same in looks, etc. If you have specific questions I would not hesitate to PM Eric.

Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I actually posted that to you before I did speak with Eric. He was very helpful and is quite talented! The uniqueness of each piece is certainly a plus IMHO.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great! I agree the uniqueness is a plus Smile

Cheers,

John
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Beautifully done! Wow it really looks nice.
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Seeing the two versions side-by-side really highlights just how beautiful the wooden version is. Nothing wrong with the original, but the visuals of the woodturned pieces is something else!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Big thanks to my pals John and Eric. My set is astonishing ... The exquisite combination of woods (Cedar burl, Rosewood, Tiger wood and Wenge) and Eric's superb craftsmanship make it a centerpiece in my collection. I cannot be happier!

Simon Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Looks great Simon! Love the box you found for it as well! I am continuing to really enjoy my set.

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
HUGE Congrats to my fellow Canadian eh. Sweet work of art indeed.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, simcoscor wrote:

The exquisite combination of woods (Cedar burl, Rosewood, Tiger wood and Wenge) and
Eric's superb craftsmanship make it a centerpiece in my collection. I cannot be happier! Simon Smile

Congratulations on your beautiful piece of magic - I like you set very much !
dbox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of dbox
Eric is amazing. This thread had me reaching out to him 2 weeks ago and I have one in the mail now as well. Thanks JM for highlighting his work I'm incredibly excited!

...this forum is starting to cost me a lot of money Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Looks fantastic. No need for a Tenyo Elite version anymore, or a Magic Wagon piece for that matter. This seems to be the ultimate version and I want one. Sent you a pm Eric Smile

Not only does it look great, it actually makes sense when performing the trick with these props ... .

And of course a big thanks to John T. for bringing this to our attention, much appreciated my friend Smile

David
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
WOW, thanks everyone for appreciating my work. Darcy, hope you get it this week.

Simon, great idea with the box. You have got me thinking again with my huge collection of vintage wood boxes.

It was John T. that got me going on this project and helped me throughout with his vast knowledge and expertise.

Eric
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Eric was in town this week and he had a great lunch together and brainstormed some new ideas... hopefully something cool will come from it... Smile

I am a big fan of Eric's work... below is a shot of my growing Eric Hansen collection...

In back is the "Idol" and a beautifully turned version of the famous 3D Hologram Illusion. You will see three versions of the "Magic Sword Penetration". I love that illusion... even when you know how it works you still don't understand Smile. Eric is able to customize these with different images. I have had a couple of unique ones made as special gifts for friends. Eric is best known for his amazing chop cups... I have a couple including a mini one and an incredibly detailed inlaid wood version. You will also spot a cute mini ball vase. On the left is what I honestly believe is the most beautiful version of the sword coin penetration effect ever made. On the right is a nice set of wooden nesting boxes that Eric made me for my "Press the Flesh" routine that I provided Mad Jake for his cool Psychic Coin Casket. You will also see a special wooden canister Eric made for me and poker chips... this is a new idea I am working on Smile

Cheers!

John
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of marklock
These are gorgeous pieces, thank you for sharing. I love the beautiful version of the 3D hologram illusion!
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Wow!! Absolutely stunning! That is a beautiful collection, John!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Wow these Eric Hansen creations are just beautiful. The eye of the idol is so cool. Using what looks to be real stones makes it even more special. I will be contacting Eric for sure about this. Also love the magic sword penetration effect. The 2 in the back are amazing. Like to have those too. Thanks for showing these. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
John,

Thanks for sharing the pics. These magical items are indeed that: magical!

Eric,

You craftsmanship in itself is art! Amazing! Well done!