The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo's "Magic Painting" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I had Magic Painting, but just couldn't get the cards to slide properly, even after coating them lightly with talcum powder and practicing for hours. Just when I thought I had it mastered (it is a great trick when done right), the cards would stick and blow the trick (fortunately I never performed it for anyone). Drove me nuts and I finally ditched it to save my sanity Smile
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Just saw a demo of Jon Allen's The Vanishing. If you like The Magic Painting, you'll love this. There's a limited discussion about it on the Café: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#18

Here's the demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnaweHNobSk
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
The Vanishing is excellent. I might have to get my hands on it.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-01-11 17:13, cyberdave03 wrote:
I had Magic Painting, but just couldn't get the cards to slide properly, even after coating them lightly with talcum powder and practicing for hours. Just when I thought I had it mastered (it is a great trick when done right), the cards would stick and blow the trick (fortunately I never performed it for anyone). Drove me nuts and I finally ditched it to save my sanity Smile

This is how the cards for the trick - "The Gypsy Curse" are- they stick most of the time- the effect is awesome- when the cards don't stick. Though, if anyone has this- "Magical Paints or Painting" please PM me, I would like to buy a copy of it.

Thanks-

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hi RNK. Magical Painting is a top-flight Tenyo card trick. You can score a brand new copy from Magico Japan on Ebay or order it from Seo Magic online. I'd hustle thou, as it has been recently discontinued even in Japan. The price is currently good, but should rise in the near future.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Good tip Wank, thanks. A few people have mentioned The Vanishing which is good. I have also had fun with Astor's "Pocket Illusion" look it up if you like off beat packet effects.

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Salutations John. Wow, they both look to be super interesting. The Vanishing has a built in audience appeal thing due to the Houdini connection I think. The Pocket Illusion has appeal also, due to the famous stage illusion. Truly appreciate the info. Am I correct in assuming that the methodology is similar to Magic Painting in both cases? Thanx again Mate.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Wank:

Actually the methodology is diffrent in all three. They are just cool off beat packet effects.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
This is how the cards for the trick - "The Gypsy Curse" are- they stick most of the time

RNK,

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I was pretty sure it was the cards, not my technique (I spent weeks practicing this (Magic Painting), spent 10 minutes on 4D Surprise), but I began doubting myself as the performer in the demo does it flawlessly. There's always the possibility I got a bum set of cards, but at $30, I wasn't going to chance another try.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Isn't there some solution for this? Like http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4133 : fanning powder - this should make the cards 'slide' easy, no? My Magic Painting also isn't very fluent so I was thinking of buying this because it is a GREAT effect.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
Isn't there some solution for this?Like fanning powder

I had read that talcum powder serves the same purpose - that's why I used that. Didn't help.