The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Comedy magician catch phrase ideas (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Looking for some creative ideas. I am a full-time magician with my own theater show daily. I recently got my real estate license and I'm trying to come up with some marketing ideas related to magic. I did not plan to use magic in my marketing. However, people seem to think it would be a great way to set myself apart from other agents. Can you think of any magic sounding marketing lines and/or any routines that I can rework to be real estate themed for online commercials? I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I like your original idea of not using magic in your marketing. Just advertise yourself as a professional realtor or you risk looking gimmicky and cheesy.
Who are the "people" that think it's a good idea? Do they have experience in marketing and real estate?
That's just my 2 cents. Maybe a magic realtor is what the people want and I'm just a stick in the mud.
I wish you success however you decide to market yourself.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
My broker, marketing company, and the radio channel I sponsor all see the magic as a great hook. So far it’s been going great with the ads we have used. I’m jatarting another wave of video advertising and trying to come up with some new ideas.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Awesome! Guess I was wrong Smile
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
You might want to ask this in the tricky business section as well. Lots of knowledgeable people in there with regards to marketing. They might have some great suggestions for you.

Are you a seller's agent or a buyer's agent?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Off the top of my head, you could use the Multum In Parvo effect to illustrate difference in house sizes you would get for the amount of money you put in. Or how they could come to you with a big problem and slowly you'll solve it so the problem gets smaller and smaller until it's easy to handle and take care of.

Here is just one version of it, but there are other places that sell their versions and styles: https://www.magictricks.com/more-milk.html

Good luck on your search.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Great idea Greg. Thank you.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
You got my OCD going. How about doing one of those torn and restored newspapers where you already come out with the pieces. So you do a talk on how to advertise yourself. You explain that some go old fashion with the yellow pages, some have website, some do Facebook, some do Linked In and some just do word of mouth. As you state each example you kind of hold up a piece of the paper as if that is the example you are talking about. Then you say, "I suggest covering your bases and do them all." And suddenly the pieces all come together into a full newspaper.

If you want to make it extremely personal then make photo color copies of the things you talked about and a full color one with all the pieces together. One of the easiest to learn is this one: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24696 or get this for a variety of routines and method and see what might work for you: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17065
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
I've been researching trade shows, thinking about trying to get into that market once the pandemic has passed. Some thoughts from that field:

What are you trying to highlight? Why are you better choice than other realtors? Can you find properties that other's cannot? Can you sell homes for more? Can you keep closting costs down? Once that's determined, figure out which tricks can be best used to illustrate that.

If you find properties, you can do some type of appearance effect.
Selling homes for more...you can do Hundy 500, showing how others may get sellers $1's but you can get them $100's
Keeping closing costs down...use charming Chinese challenge. Taking Chinese coins off a ribbon. Talk about how their money gets caught up in closing costs, but you can get it back for them.
Look at Trade Show magicians such as Seth Kramer, Danny Orleans, Scott Tolkar (he's got a great podcast) and others for ideas.

Magic might be the hook to get their attention, but long term realtors show their clients value.

Also real estate is a relationship based business. The realtor who sold us our house is constantly having outings to ball games, wine tastings, and other social events. She says it helps when folks like us want to sell in the future, and we bring people to the events which she gets to meet. How cool would it be for you to have a special night of magic for your clients, and give them each 2 tickets to give to friends.

Just my two cents...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Christopher wrote:
My broker, marketing company, and the radio channel I sponsor all see the magic as a great hook. So far it’s been going great with the ads we have used. I’m jatarting another wave of video advertising and trying to come up with some new ideas.

A great hook how?

What you were asking help with "lines or routines" doesn't sound like you're thinking big.

Unless you have a big picture vision , a writer, director for how all this would work out it seems like you should just stick to one or the other.

I don't see most poeple thinking.. "let's pick the guy that interrupts us with magic tricks while we're looking thru homes and having serious discussions about them."
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I think you misunderstood my question. I’m not performing at homes. Lol. I am looking for more ideas to stand out. I’ve been performing two shows a day hear, 310 days a year, and people know me. My marketing that has a magic spin has been effective. I’m just trying to find a few new ideas with input from others. I don’t perform magic at a home or anywhere unless I’m on stage. Here, people love using real estate agents that they know from shows, it’s been successful for many and they capitulate on this. Thanks.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Ok. Got it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
597 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Seems to me that any effect which involves something like your business card would be very useful for self advertising.

And there are soooo many.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Don't do it.
People want their real estate agents to to be solid serious folk. I know I do.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3556 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I remember our Real estate agent sent us a congratulatory fruit basket upon our success of purchase. Since you state you have a daily theatre show, why not give them free tickets to your show?
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2020, ringmaster wrote:
Don't do it.
People want their real estate agents to to be solid serious folk. I know I do.

Thanks for the input but it has been highly successful for me. People here really like dealing with someone from one of the shows or from my daily television show. I'm just trying to think up some new promotional ideas.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
What if you made your own version of the coloring book so it looks like those real estate magazine you see at grocery stores. You could first show it blank then say you always like to get info from you customers so that you know exactly what their dream house is. You then flip through it and the pages are filled with houses. Then you say if they are trying to sell a house that you are the man because you'll sell their house so quick it will look like magic. Now you flip through the book and all the houses have large letters over them spelling SOLD

Greg