The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Introductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I need any help coming up with fun introductions for local club appearances. I do a short 10 minute show each week at a comedy club and try to have a different introduction each week. I'm running out of ideas after about 3 months. I'm just looking for short, hopefully funny lines that the MC can use to introcuce me. Anyone have ideas that have worked well in the past? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Give and you shall recieve.

sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Here is a little 1 liner that I have used in the past when someone has introduced me...

"Well what can I say about Eddy that (pause)...well that hasn't been said behind his back before.." Smile
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Here's one (from memory) from a David Ginn book (Laughter Legacy?).

"I'm really excited about our next performer because I recently heard someone say that Tate Elliott is the most amazing magician in the world. And here's the man who said it . . . Tate Elliott!"

Tate
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
"We proudly present the man, the myth, the legend and soon to be a face on a t-shirt... Christopher!"
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
"Ladies & Gentlemen, our next performer is known for being completely wired when he performs... Christopher!"

Open with the Linking Barbed Wire Rings. They'll get the gag, trust me.

Also, check Karrel Fox's book "Another Book." It has a whole section on comedy/magical introductions.

Hope this helps!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Next we have a man that needs no inroduction...since he doesn't have one!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
"Ladies and gentlemen, direct from the witness protection program...oh wait, was I supoposed to leave that part out?"

"Over the years I have introduced many a person, but this person is the next person."
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here is the magician who won the FISM award not once, not twice, but NEVER!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I am so excited to be here this evening... I just signed a MAJOR cable television contract right before the show this evening! That's right, for only $29.99 a month I get the sports channel, movie channel and more!
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
"...He has also performed magic in front of 4 Presidents. He was at Mount Rushmore at the time."

Harry Allen's, Sleight of Mouth

"He has performed magic since he was very young. In fact he was in Utero...A head this big passing through a hole this small, if that isn't a trick I don't know what is."
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
MC says "Here's a man that needs no introduction" and then walks off.