The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Ever get a reaction that has even made YOU laugh? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
a couple of nights ago, I was in a pub with the wife and 2 friends.
The subject of magic came up and I was hooked into doing some routines.

There started to grow a crowed and then, I done a bit of impromtu that went down gr8!!!

After performing 2 card monte, I ordered a pack of chrisps. My chrisps arrived as I told the spec to turn their cards over.
His face was a picture.
I then asked if he had ever seen anything appear from a sealed pack of crisps.
He answered no, and all eyes were on the packet.
I opened the pack and reapeated. "Watch....watch, watch"
They all watched and from the pack I removed his watch.

Is reaction was so funny!!!!!

Pale, Shakey and repeated "No, Oh god you arekidding. No. That didn't just happen!"

I couldn't stop laughing myself!
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Well done! I don't laugh at people when they're amazed by what I do, thats patronising, and it can somewhat ruin the moment. I laugh when I mess up tricks though!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
Don't get me wrong. I didn't laugh to be patronising. it was the whole way the guy went. Even the barstaff were in fits.
I didn't laugh as trying to be big headed, It was genuinly funny.

When I mess up, well, theres something that is REALLy funny Smile
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
This is not a reaction but some comments made by children. I was doing an effect with blades and when I pull them out of the box I wipe them on my pants... the little girl in the front row yelled out "they can't be dirty, their stainless steel." Another time when performing my egg bag I asked why do chickens make that noise? (the sound of a chicken) A child said " because they can't talk!" ( I still use that line.)
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I didn't GET a reaction that made me laugh, I WAS the reaction that made me laugh. I was attending the Kidabra convention last year, when I was selected to assist David Ginn onstage. He was unaware of how severely arachiphobic I am, and he was using one of the little boxes that has a spring loaded spider in it. That spider came flying out of the box and landed on my hand. I jumped back about ten feet, yelled, and kept swatting at my hand to get the spider off. I'm just glad I didn't knock anything over or break any of David Ginn's stuff! Of course, everyone was laughing about it, including me! It was funny! David Ginn even made the comment that he didn't get reactions like that from the children.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello all,

My Best reaction was at a Library show last year. I showed an empty box claiming that it contained the bunny. Out dropped three raisinetts to simulate bunny poop. They normally hit and stayed on my table and I would note that it looked like the bunny had been there,
:bunny2:

In this show they hit and bounced towards the audience, A little boy 2-3 years old dove after them and popped them in his mouth before i could do anything. it took 3 minutes to get every one to stop laughing including me.
The audience was laughing at the boy, I was laughing at the look in his Granmother's face as he dove off her lap and claimed his prize.

Man was that priceless

All the best

Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I was recently talking magic with a fellow who saw me fiddling with cards, and assumed that since I didnt drop them all when I shuffled, I must be a magician.

We talked about an upcoming show that our local Christian Magicians will be performing. And he was asking me about who belonged to our group.

I told that we have magicians, pupeteers, ventriloquist, clowns and a mime. At that, he seemed quite surprised, and asked with a air of disbelief; "You mean to say that you let Mimes into your group?"

Without thinking, I just said something spontaneously, that seemed to me to be an obvious response. I said; "Only if they keep their mouths shut!"

He absolutley rolled out of his chair laughing, and then he jumped up and proceeded to tell everyone he could corner about his question and my response, and they were rolling on the floor.

In retrospect, I guess it was clever (or I think it was a little cute, anyway) but I still dont think it was as funny as all of them did. I guess I could say that you had to be there, but I was there and didnt think it was THAT funny. I guess I just got the right audience for that particular line. And timing really is everything.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
BroDavid
That has just made me laugh a lot
Joe Smile
armagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of armagic
Smile Smile Smile
Sometimes the best lines just happen I guess.
Great story BroDavid.

Andrew Smile
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
LOL Bro!
I agree with you there Andrew, Some of the funniest lines are the ones said on the moment!

hehehe, I liked the bunny story MrPhil!

Something had me and other spectators in fits not to long ago...
After performing a few things, a woman that worked in the bar was amaze and asked, (Genuinly) If I could "walk on water".
I told her I could but only if the water was a few feet dep.
Her face was a picture and the way she kept begging me to do it had everyone in stitches.
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
BroDavid, that is some funny stuff!! Smile
Jay Buchanan
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I has an unusual occurance...I use a thing called Bogus Gum Coils (fake pieces of gum you use like mouth coils, only much longer). I take one and the assistant gets a regular matching piece of Bubbliscious from the bag, we each chew 'em to soften 'em up. While that's going on, I usually perform something simple (like Prof. Nightmare or a similar thing), then we get back to the "Gum Stretching Contest"..I tell the kid to count to 3, and we'll see who can stretch their gum further, and the winner gets a great prize...well, the kid has a strange look on his face, so I ask what's wrong, and he proudly admits that...HE'S SWALLOWED THE GUM...you would've thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and the rest of the audience felt the same way. SO...back to the drawing board (and bag of gum).

Steve Thomas
professorpopcorn
View Profile
New user
Taunton Somerset U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of professorpopcorn
Being a childrens entertainer I get brand new audiences every year.I know this is an old story but it really has happened to me several times in my career.

I ask the children what their favourite magic word is.A little 4 year old boy puts his hand up and replies "PLEASE"

And all the mums go Ahhhhhhhhh.

Smile
When you're smilin'
When you're smilin'
The Whole World Smiles With You !!!
Tra-la-la
www.profpopcorn.co.uk