The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Comedy Egg Can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Does anyone perform the Comedy Egg Can?
I just got it and I am trying to figure out what routine to add it too.

If you use it, let me know what you think of it and if you get good reactions with it.

Thanks. Smile
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I do this as a follow up to an old 'trick' that is really more of a science experiment. The one where you balance 3 eggs on 3 tubes on a pie plate above 3 glasses of water and then whack the pie plate with a broom - do you know the one I mean? I build that up quite a bit all through the show, and the kids really get excited about seeing it, even though it's not really magic. It's all in the presentation. Anyway, after it's over, I ask if people believe I use real eggs for that, and then proceed to crack the 3 real eggs into the glasses. This sets me up to crack the other egg for the comedy egg can into the egg can, and since people just saw 3 real eggs, the fourth one, when done the same way, looks very convincing to be real as well. Hope this helps, I know it works well for me!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Thanks, I like how you incorporated it into that broom egg whap stunt. Very cool!

I am working on a routine now. I will post after I work it out.

Thanks again! Smile
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I use it regularly, and have a whole routine I do.

I start it off with what I call "Humpty Dumpty," which is a broken and restored egg restored by my assistant who believes in magic.

After it is restored, I go into the comedy egg can and I have many funny bits I have added to it.
PM me if you want to know more. Good luck.
Smile
Daniel Faith
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Dan Harlan has a routine on his "Packs Small, Plays Big" video for kid shows. His routine uses an ice cream box instead of the egg can, but you can easily adapt the routine.

He has some very funny touches using a ice cream scoop and catsup/mustard containers. I didn't find a lot of useful material on the tape, but this routine was quite good.

Ron Reid
futemagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of futemagic
Hi, maybe you guys can help me out. Recently, as I was looking through my old junk I found the Comedy Egg Can. I have never performed it and don't really know how it works. I am confused about where the egg actually goes. Maybe I'm missing some parts to it, because I just found the can and a glass. I would really appreciate it if someone can e-mail or PM the instructions to me. It sounds like a very funny routine!

thanks,
Andrew
futeaf@aol.com