The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Magical 'Blond' Moments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
Hi all. Have you ever fooled yourself as well as your audience? I found an old Hot Rod a while back lost in the back of a drawer. When turning it over, apparently I still had the muscle memory of the paddle move, but my mind didn't register the effect. I turned it over, looked at both sides (so I thought) and then did the turn over through the hand. It was Magical! Smile

- James
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi James,
Whaddya mean? There's two sides to Hot Rod? Sigh being "folically challenged" myself .....umm I never knew that. (ha ha) Smile
magician_carter
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magician_carter
I am guilty actually of something similar. A friend needed a quarter, and keeping with how I handle my coins, I pulled the quarter out of my right pocket and put it in my left hand to give it to him. Without even noticing, I sleeved it.

He was standing there looking at me peeved that I pulled the trick on him, but I argued with him for a couple of minutes that I gave him the quarter before the coin hit the floor when I put my arm down.

Carter
Without Magic, Life is Boring.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
I'm not blonde, but I have accidently lit my bed on fire with a flash wand by accident Smile how's that?
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
WDMagic
View Profile
New user
Memphis, TN, USA
4 Posts

Profile of WDMagic
Justin,
That's just cause you're you. Smile

--WD
Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordian. -- Don Rumsfeld
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Will, nice to see you joined the Magic Café, see you on talk dude.
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
How about forgetting to put the final load in for an effect? Kind of anti-climactic.
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
Atlanta Magician
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
13 Posts

Profile of Atlanta Magician
Does forgetting to glue in the restored newspaper in the Gene Anderson tear qualify?

Very embarrassing!

Jeff
"There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees."
-Michel de Montaigne
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2003-02-25 00:18, Chrystal wrote:
Hi James,
Whaddya mean? There's two sides to Hot Rod? Sigh being "folically challenged" myself .....umm I never knew that. (ha ha) Smile

:lol: Smile Thanks Chrystal! I needed that pick me up today. Smile I too am suprised at times what we get away with.
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I was doing some card flourishes while videotaping myself. I accidentally dropped 15 cards or so. When I looked down they had vanished. I search all over thinking I had lost my mind. Upon playing the tape back I watched the cards gracefully glide into a drawer that was a meter away and open an eighth of an inch.
-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
I had been doing the silk to egg forever. On one occasion, having done two shows earlier that day, I went into a "mechanical trance". Somehow I switched the feke for the real egg—TWICE! I was standing there tapping the plastic egg on the edge of a glass. I managed to get out of my dilemma, but, boy did that snap me back to reality.

Another thing I do is the Color Changing Cane to Feathered Plume. After a busy day I sometimes forget to load the feathered plume. I do the color change, vanish the cane, and it really VANISHES. I'm as surprised as the audience! Smile
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Josh I wish I could make cards vanish that way. I'd feel like I had some real powers, and then try to make a card really vanish wondering why it doesn't work. Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well, one thing I've done, is something I guess was set in there from when I was little. My friend's dad had the wilting flower gag, and still to this day if flowers aren't wrapped in cellophane, I try to squeeze the trigger and make them wilt.
Smile Smile Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Cute one nate, I'm going to have to see that.
Handsleight
View Profile
New user
Chicago
10 Posts

Profile of Handsleight
I was about to present a coworker with a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss that appears from flashpaper. The sheet, for some reason, really lit hard and I wound up giving her a melted lump of chocolate. Hmmmm....suave!
Good Day and Good Sleights
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Did you remove the paper tag?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Once I did 20th century silks and the silk that appeared between the two tied ones was a different color than the one I had vanished!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
BlackSalt
View Profile
New user
Canada
76 Posts

Profile of BlackSalt
Back in the 80's; I was performing a comedy set that included "Lit cigarette in Jacket". I had my volunteer's jacket, lit the cigarette and placed the lighter into the appropriate trouser pocket only to discover that I had forgotten my T.T. The volunteer sensed that something was wrong, leaned towards me and whispered, "You can borrow mine ... it's in the right outside pocket of my jacket!"

I bought the man a drink!

Smile
Michael BlackSalt
A Vacation For The Mind!
www.blacksalt.ca
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Does playing 52 card pick up during a routine work?
-=:Va(v)p:=-
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-02-25 00:18, Chrystal wrote:
Hi James,

No, no, dear lady, you are not folically challenged! Not in the least!

I, on the other hand am both HAIR-ing Impaired AND hard of seeing!

Couldn't resist.

Q: What's black and blue, brown on top, oozes red and lies in a gutter?

A: A brunette that's told too many blonde jokes!

Kind regards,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"