The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: New Comedy Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Hello. I have been performing for a few years now with a comedy stand-up routine. I am looking for new material. Any suggestions for nice long comedy routines that hit hard? Thanks.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Yes -- take some classes (or get a book) and write up some of your experiences as material.

Comedy Writer
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
325 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
I've been looking at Terry Seabrooke's Burnt Note in Wallet routine from his book Seabrooke's Book.

Po
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
I always find this question difficult because you can make just about any effect funny Heck I even seen McDonald Aces done Stand-up and Funny. I got the Privlige to meet David Williamson Lecture 2 weeks ago, He did his in the hands coins across and I will tell you he hand me along with Greg Wilison and John Carney along with everyone else in the room laughing hard. Why, because HE IS FUNNY! He made it funny so dive into a book or video and find a stand-up effect you like and try and make it funny...Who knows you might surprise yourself!
chris