The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Men in Coats-Funny stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Funny Stuff !!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
That is some of the funniest *&&^%! I have seen in a long time!!!!!!!!! Who are these guys?
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
I never heard of them until a buddy sent me that clip. Here is an official website for them.

http://www.menincoats.co.uk/

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than myself could add a little Bio of them.
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Exuberance and enthusiam carry the day again.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Apparently the guys didn't give permission for their act to be put online (?) and have tried to stop it.
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
LOL!!! That was so hilarious, I cant stop laughing.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Nicholas, it's true that they initially tried to block the original clip, but the publicity has brought them a level of stardom that is spreading worldwide. They are in wide demand and, frankly, I'm surprised that they have yet to be spotted on U.S. telly. I fully expect these guys to be performing in Vegas by the end of the year. The power of the Internet!

As you watch the clip notice the dynamic power of timing, rehearsed teamwork and the force of music & sound effects associated with each action. This is a great study of true professional entertainers in motion.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
They are going to be at the blackpool magic convention this year!
Evermagic
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The answer is "men in coats who are they" do a search.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Excellent post Skip I think we can all learn a little bit from these two. I can't start to imagine the hours of practice that went into that routine.
Very Funny Thanks for sharing with us
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
I have seen these guy's perform live. Couple of years ago they were all over the British tv channels. Haven't seen or heard from them since. Maybe they are on the worldwide circuit. Very professional and funny.

Carl
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Interestingly enough I was working with a magician the other day who claimed that not only was he one of the original Men in Coats and had written some of their routine but that he was replacing the shorter (non-grey haired) guy in the act. The act might end up cloned into two because of this.

Nigel

Well I thought it was interesting. I've worked with the grey-haired guy he was very grumpy.
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Sounds like the 5th Beatle conspiracy.....
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks for the link. That's the best laugh I've had all week!!! I hope to see more of them in the future. Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Brilliant act-Hilarious, Entertaining & really clever!

Thanks for sharing!!
Mike Baxter
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, B.C.
87 Posts

Profile of Mike Baxter
Great aren't they. I wish I could find out about the DVD recorded in Wakefield.

You can also download the video clip here: http://www.compfused.com/directlink/767/