The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Harry Anderson? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Is Harry Anderson (from Night Court and guest appearances on Cheers) still alive, if so, does he still perform magic?

Did ever have his own tour?

Can you tell me a little bit about his background as a magician?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Harry Anderson is Alive and Well. from what I heard Last he has his own Magic Store some where in Louisiana.
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Any idea what the name of the store is? Do you know if it has website address?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Go here: http://home.twcny.rr.com/kotzin/harryfanpage.htm and then click on "sideshow for info about his magic shop.

Lyndel
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Harry Anderson still rarely performs on the road with his long-time friends and Magic Castle Peers, The Left Handed League, including Tina Lenert, Turk Pipkin, Mike Caveny and Jay Johnson. I understand he performs regularly at his New Orleans speakeasy-style nightclub, Oswald's. He and his wife, Elizabeth, own a shop called "Sideshow" where she sells oddities and curiosities. He says he's opened a small magic shop called "Wing Lee Laundry & Dry Cleaning"...he bought the space and liked the original sign...so he kept it. This is not your typical magic shop, by the way. I'm not sure whether it's "By Appointment" as his previous shop, "Spade & Archer Curosities" was. You can also catch a great interview in the June 2005 issue of Genii.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Yeah, you know someone earlier posted he had a show up in the New Orleans. I would go if I could but that's a little ways away.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
The article was actually in July's issue. It went into his current repertoire--and his elephant man routine.

Ellen
Doug Howe
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Doug Howe
I met Harry Anderson in his store "Sideshow" in March/05 in New Orleans. The store is about a block away from Jackson Square. He's very personable and his magic is very very good. I highly recommend a visit to his store if you're in the area.
-=> Rubber Dougie <=-
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I guess I will post this here I have not yet been able to go to his shop but it is on my to do list. My question here is if anyone know if his shop went under the hands of KATRINA? The Hurricane if you didn't get it. I was wondering if anyone knew.
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
Quote:
On 2005-08-31 12:45, paisa23 wrote:
Ok I guess I will post this here I have not yet been able to go to his shop but it is on my to do list. My question here is if anyone know if his shop went under the hands of KATRINA? The Hurricane if you didn't get it. I was wondering if anyone knew.

I was wondering, as well, how Harry was doing because of Katrina. There is an update on the fan site: http://home.twcny.rr.com/kotzin/wild.htm
*poof*
magicjody
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of magicjody
Was his store and club hit by Katrina?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
No it was not, he is fine
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I see harryt frequently when I perform in new orleans harrys a real good guy

he loves street performers

I look forward to new orleans getting up and runnign so I can go back and see my friends there

kozmo
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-15 15:14, BenSchwartz wrote:
No it was not, he is fine

I had heard that most if not everything in the shop was ruined by Katrina...perhaps I heard wrong..or had received some misinformation.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Hey Doug and all...

I just got back from the Mississippi Gulf Coast...Me and a friend are going down there to help in the rebuilding effort...

We took a Sunday off and drove over to New Orleans...I got to meet (as you can see by my Avatar) Harry Anderson in his shop, "Side Show"....

They shop survived just fine...Elizabeth, Harry's lovely wife, filled me and my pal in on how bad things got during the storm...

I bought the book "Wise Guy" and Harry autographed it for me.

Oswalds, the Speak Easy, IS re-opened....We didn't get to see a show though, because we had to get back to Gulfport...Maybe this next trip though.

Life is slowly getting back to something approaching 'normal' on the streets of N.O....At least in the French Quarter....There were a decent number of tourists shopping and eating and seeing the sights on the Sunday we went down...Street musicians, a balloon clown, and several artists working the street....No magician's yet, but I'm sure they'll be back....

Keep a good thought for our neighbors on the Coast, it's gonna take a LONG time before life is like it was pre-Katrina....

And in some ways life will NEVER be like it was before....

God Bless them, and you all.

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
sk8freak45672
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of sk8freak45672
He still performs magic. I recently met him at the Daytona Magic Convention.
The only constant is change.