The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Video of Vanishing Bandana being performed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Magicgeek
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek
Pyromagician,

Is that you doing the trick....Man that sucks, there is so many other gags and bits to the trick, your totally missing them. that's the most unfunny video of it I have ever seen.

Take some time and think about it before you perfom it. Sorry man ...but WOW!!
Magicgeek
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek
I took the box it come with and mailed to myself so it has postage on it and I use a bit Blacken (7 days old or so) banannas. I have also used UPS boxes and they work just as well.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1636 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2007-03-05 02:21, Magicgeek wrote:
Pyromagician,

Is that you doing the trick....Man that sucks, there is so many other gags and bits to the trick, your totally missing them. that's the most unfunny video of it I have ever seen.

I know that you are new to our boards but there is no need to put him down like that. You won't go far with comments like those.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-03-05 02:21, Magicgeek wrote:
Pyromagician,

Just what exactly did you mean to accomplish with such a mean spirited post?

If you don't have anything nice (or constructive) to say, then don't say anything at all. The Café is a meeting place for like minded individuals to come and talk magic. Not to rip people apart.

Look at the Café's logo - "Magicians Helping Magicians." You'r comment was neither helpful or appropriate. I agree with SoCalPro, In the future, please think before you type.

Lyndel
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I agree. Have some manners. Show us a video of you!
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The script should say take out the black bandana to set up for the yellow banana.

Also, I've noticed many magicians don't get the part where it describes to put the yellow bandanna into the bag then goes on to say, "What the audience really doesn't know is that you kept it palmed in your left hand". At this point you shouldn't act like your palming the bandanna that you've already place in the bag.
This makes no sense. It should be a ooops moment. Not only has the yellow bandanna ended up a banana but now you've messed things up even more because you wasn't suppose to put the banana in the bag and you did. When I do it, when I realize that I should have kept it palmed, I act somewhat frustrated and snap my left fingers like saying "darn!" It gets a laugh that way.
Daniel Faith
Agent86
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Agent86
Does anyone know of an online video showing Copperfield's version of this trick. I saw it once a long long time ago and have been dying to see it again. I wish he still did it in his shows.

cb
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 22:40, Agent86 wrote:
Does anyone know of an online video showing Copperfield's version of this trick. I saw it once a long long time ago and have been dying to see it again. I wish he still did it in his shows.

cb

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=......ogle.com

It's about 20 minutes in.
Agent86
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Agent86
Thanks eric
silvercard
View Profile
New user
Singapore
18 Posts

Profile of silvercard
I am trying to search through the website on where to purchase this trick but could not locate one. Does anyone has a clue ?

thanks in advance..

Eric
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Arizona
58 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
silvercard
View Profile
New user
Singapore
18 Posts

Profile of silvercard
Thanks Ambaratur
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
I have this and was disappointed when I found out that you need a banana for this trick!!! Why did they call it Vanishing Bandana if you need to use a banana!!!?

Now seriuosly: This prop kills...I love it Smile Mine is the complete version, no editted parts Smile But I only use it for my repeat clients Smile

One thing to make sure of... is...well, make sure your audience is an English speaking crowd Smile or you will look like an idiot in front of them.

Thanks

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-04-07 15:40, GarySumpter wrote:
Sure,

Well firstly this would be very hard to pull of here in the UK without putting on an American Accent,

Secondly, I still cant see how it could be funny. I'm not saying it's NOT, that's why I want to see it for myself Smile

Gary

I have performed it many, many times...and believe me it IS funny. You are the one who take the routine and through facial expressions, body language, etc, turns it into a personal masterpiece. It's SITUATION funny. Trust us who do it. Ham it up a bit. It always gets the laughs.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-11-03 10:30, thecardtrick wrote:
Itsmagic: Great story.

Nice videos and posts. I'm thinking about doing an act with this where my sidekick and I explain that ACME Magic must have mixed up the props, but the show must go on.

Then, perhaps, at the end we see a note saying, "Thanks for buying, please enjoy the complementary banana."

Guys, bananas have infite potential for comedy. Take a half hour to brainstorm on this and your vanishing banana routine could improve exponentially.

Sad thing is that bananas are on the verge of extinction...scientists may be able to genetically engineer a solution, but otherwise they predict that within a decade, the yellow fruit will be history due to disease, etc.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Daffydoug wrote:

" Sad thing is that bananas are on the verge of extinction...scientists may be able to genetically engineer a solution, but otherwise they predict that within a decade, the yellow fruit will be history due to disease, etc. "

Not so true ... see this link:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bananas.asp

On topic - IMHO this vanishing bandanna trick is only as good as the person performing it. I've seen it done funny and I've seen it done so poorly that it seemed as if the "entertainer" was trying to screw it up although they weren't. Over all it seems over played ...

Be Good,
Aloha-ha,
Cap'n Mike
=====================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
Hi to all,

I didn't go through the entire thread so forgive me if this was mentioned, but here goes: Can anyone tell me who created this effect?

Thanks for any help,

Chris
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
I narrowed it down to either Howard Hale or Tom Ogden. Anyone know for sure?

Chris
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If you're going to get permission to put this on a magicEnhancer type CD, please have each sentence the person says on a separate track so they can be added/removed if they don't make sense for the performer. otherwise the offering will be worthless to most.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I would love to have one Speaking in Spanish, German, or some other language instead of English. Then when its translated it only tells you part of the insturctions or have the spanish speaking person say a few sentences then when translated one or two words for what you are suppose to do. If anyone can make this I would gladly pay for it. If it has not been done please give me credit. Thanks

Bairefoot