The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Funny line for a failed trick... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-04-26 17:14, Sonny Vegas wrote:
I had shown a guy the 'pen thru the dollar' trick last week, well today he saw me again and insisted I do the trick again for him, well I do tend to carry magic with me, but the pen was at home. I told him that it wasnt a magic moment and I couldn't perform the trick. He insisted I do the 'pen thru the dollar' trick, once again I said "How about something else?" " No!" he said and proceeded to hand me a $20 dollar bill. Well, with his friends looking intently, I grabbed a pen out of my pocket and went throught the motions. I held up the pen with the dollar pierced and he said to his friends "See! I told you he could do it".
After literally pulling the pen out of the 20 I handed it back to him hole and all.
He looked at me and said, "There's a hole in my twenty!". You should have seen the look on his face. I replied "I told you it wasnt a magic moment.... I think with the look on your face it's a Kodak moment."

Nobody got hurt in this incident, just a big laugh at his insistant stupidity.

wow! Most people I know would have gotten seriously annoyed at getting a $20 bill ripped on them. So much so that the only response would probably have been physical in nature! You got lucky!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
You say"oh it gets worse..u see I read on the magic Café abt wat 2 say wen dis happens but I cant remember anythng I read"den pull out a gun"*** I left the bullets at home"u search urself"i lost my keys" you phne ur frend who admits he has feelngs u!u move on
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Forgot who said this line , so I cant really give credit to whom came up with it

You know , I actually wanted to study and become a doctor or a lawyer , but my mother forced me to become a comedy magician , otherwise she would have kicked me out of the house
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
I once performed a routine where a predicted celebrity photo is retrieved from an envelope.

I made up the trick for the client who said that her son really liked a particular sports team (a sports team I knew nothing about).

When I ended the routine pulled out the photo of the prediction and it was the wrong one.

But I didn't know it was wrong because I did not recognize the player.

The kids all yelled out "That's Jarred Roughead"

So I immediately yelled out, "WELL! IT'S PRETTY CLOSE!"

The parents laughed and I just went on to another routine.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
While performing the Zombie for a bunch of cops, at a holiday party, the ball flew off - and landed against the wall.

I looked at them and announced "Like nothing ever goes wrong where you work!"

Brought the house down... then we had to call the fire department to rescue us because the police union does not allow them to work in rubble.
thescienceworks
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of thescienceworks
My perfect line is not a line but a trick...I use a Lota bowl in my show, and whenever I can't do a trick but the child can do it (as planned), I say, "I know why that happened...I forgot to pour the water!"

On rare occasions when a trick REALLY messes up, I just jump right to that.

-Steve
BIGmagiclV
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of BIGmagiclV
"My therapist told me to fail on purpose every once in a while just to stay humble."
apple123
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of apple123
"You're not leaving until I get it right."
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
"I will be giving free vasectomies after the show."
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I knew I shouldn't of bought that from China.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At least it works in front of blondes.
MJP
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of MJP
Captain Crunch is a liar!
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 22:43, MJP wrote:
Captain Crunch is a liar!

Now that is funny!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
*Adjusts collar nervously*... WHEW! It's so quiet, you could hear a career drop.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Always have a children's How to Do Magic book handy to refer to when screwing up.
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I have a friend who when something goes wrong jumps off the stage, run to an empty seat, sits down, and screams "YOU SUCK" at the top of his lungs. Always gets a great reaction.
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Is this a running gag? How many times does he screw up per performance.
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Guys I perform some of the rope moves from Richard Sanders Fiber Optics and it has happened that the small piece of rope sometimes falls off...when doing the sliding down the rope phase...can any of you think of a clever line for this situation? maybe "tie" in a line with the word "end(s)" in it or even just something different yet that justifies the reason for saying it during a rope trick? thanks?
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
My favorite is..

I forgot to compensate for the rotational effects of the earth.

Gets a laugh every time!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
"Well, there goes my pay check."