The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: Motion capture technology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Hi folks,

I just got back from a research conference where these folks had a sponsor booth. I couldn't help ask the representative whether their technology could be used for the capture of hand motions (it is currently configured for tongue and jaw motions -- 16 sensors @ 100Hz) -- we'd need >40 sensors @ <10Hz.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could capture various sleights in 3-D. What an amazing teaching/learning tool this could be!

cheers, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Mark Jones
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Mark Jones
In the other day I just had the pleasure to test one of the most amazing things that I've ever experienced. A machine that could capture my shadow. That was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Mark
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-09-12 18:51, Mark Jones wrote:
In the other day I just had the pleasure to test one of the most amazing things that I've ever experienced. A machine that could capture my shadow. That was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Mark

Very interesting
Can you tell us more? Who is conducting such testing? How do they capture the shadow? Where do they store it after it's captured? How do they show it? ...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations