The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: The mirage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
These are great like any think on the market there good and bad ones of these around. The one pictured looks like one of the better ones. If your thinking of getting one go for good quality and the biggest you can afford. I have one and just use it as a look at this curiosity and kids and adults love it they also like to set it up them self with ther coins or finger rings it a great ice breaker talking point thing.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2007-10-12 05:41, Yellowcustard wrote:
These are great like any think on the market there good and bad ones of these around. The one pictured looks like one of the better ones. If your thinking of getting one go for good quality and the biggest you can afford. I have one and just use it as a look at this curiosity and kids and adults love it they also like to set it up them self with ther coins or finger rings it a great ice breaker talking point thing.

So is it just a conversation piece, nothing more? Can you not use it as a magic trick in any way?
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Quote:
On 2007-10-12 18:20, tbaer wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-12 05:41, Yellowcustard wrote:

So is it just a conversation piece, nothing more? Can you not use it as a magic trick in any way?

There have been tricks and illusions in the past using mirrors and you could set something based around this idea. However I would see this as a curiosity talking piece rather than a magic prop. The post questioning about this piece is interesting I might set up a separate post about the science of magic form and what we want from it but I need to think more about it. Thanks tbaer for stirring something in me (sorry if I am making this sound exciting it going to be dull)
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Borodin has one in ' Sheherazade '
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I have a real old magic book somewhere with a cut away illustration of side table which uses a mirror ( convex I thnk) to project a bottle and cigarr box onto the top of the table. I'd love to see one of those "in the flesh"