The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Can Anyone Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vash_The_Stampede
View Profile
New user
Scotland
4 Posts

Profile of Vash_The_Stampede
Can anyone help me in finding a website/book...basically info on regurgitation(if spelt correctly), I would really like to take it up but I cannot find any info about it except stuff about Stevie Starr
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Stevie is about the only one doing it these days. There is a kid in NY named Barnaby that does it along with one finger push ups. I do a little bit of it. I only learned to throw a small object back into my throat and hold it there. After showing my mouth empty, I can then cough it back up. I don't do the bit very often as the response from onlookers can be too strong in the wrong direction. I did do the bit with a live cockroach on the David Letterman show here in the states. If you want the work on this bit, PM me and it's yours

As for full stomach regurgition, Houdini wrote about it in Eliot's Last Legacy. His advice was to take a small piece of potato, tie it to a piece of string, swallow it and then pull it back up while contracting you stomach muscles. I have never tried this and I'm not certain Houdini did either. I would be VERY careful playing with this as there is a great choking hazard involved. Don't try this alone.
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi Todd I have a question for you did you know of a man named the great waldo he would swallow alive mouse regurgitate it back up.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, I know a bit about the great Waldo. You can see him for yourself at the Ripley's Believe or Not website:

http://www.ripleys.com/broadband/odd.html

That for broadband users. Go to www.ripley's.com if you have dial up and click on that site. Then click on "odditorium" button. You will find a number of interesting folks on that site. Happy Holidays.
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
If I remember correctly the video at Ripley's shows the great Waldo working with a number of different items; mice, sugar, water, alcohol...this guy was amazing. I can't recommend a book on it for you though.
BDead
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of BDead
I spent about five months last year practicing the full stomach regurgition,which was an extremely unpleasent experience to say the least.I can noisily squish up food in my stomach,and vomit on command-but nothing particularly impressive.What caused me to stop practicing was a rumour I heard about stevie starr and how he does a lot of his acts,I would say it but I don't wanna break exposure rules and all.
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
The history of regurgitation as a form of entertainment is nicely summed up in a paper by Edwin A. Dawes, although it's not easy to come by a copy. The paper also contains a list of references to other works on the subject. I reckon a library document request service would be the best place to get hold of it; if anybody needs the reference PM me.
I think 'Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women' by Ricky Jay contains some information on regurgitators...
Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
If you want to see regurgitation footage, you should see the Documentary "Vaudeville" (I've seen it going used on Amazon for $3). They show footage of Hadji Ali doing his act where he would down water followed by a nice helping of kerosene. He would then regurgitate the kerosene onto a flaming dollhouse of sorts creating a huge fire. Then he would regurgitate the water (it's heavier so it would come up after the kerosene) and put out the fire. He died of heart failure no doubt from being poisoned from all that kerosene drinking.
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com