The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Rocking the Zibit in Ohio (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Hey All,

I moved from Colorado to Ohio a couple months ago and just got approved to set up the grind show at the "Lakewood Summer Meltdown Festival" in July. That's about ten minutes West of Cleveland with an attendance of about 10,000. Can't wait to get my beauty back out there. The 'Strange Thing' rides again!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sounds awesome - have fun!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I can't, but, the late Wayne Franzen trained OKHA, his Asiatic elephant, to walk a rolling globe across the ring! She has been doing it since the '70s,
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3836 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I did the grind show a long while back and made some money and had some fun. When people asked where I got it I would explain, "I bought it from a retired side show worker, which isn't a total lie. People had a great time and no one complained about paying a dollar to see it.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
361 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Hi Dennper...

Looks great...! Wishing a great show and continued success.

Break-a-Leg,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
0wen
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of 0wen
Have my first pocket zibit arriving tomorrow - Higley's flea to compliment my flea circus. I pitch mice at my circus, but figure the Higley flea would be a great addition. Also have my first single-o being worked on currently; and excited about putting the zibit together for it this summer. A handful of relatively big flea markets this way; all within 30 minutes or so of me, so a local market to try it out on with the benefit of a couple of them drawing out of towners to freshen the pool a bit.

Considering a campy old sideshow (girl in fishbowl, half lady, etc) for the fall season this year as well and will make room for the zibit en route.

How's the crowd your way for busking and such? I'm at the Old West End Festival in Toledo for the first time this year, but haven't worked anything that way before... curious
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Have fun!!!

and Dennper...PERFECT! That's a really CLEAN set up. Just right!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Dennper: Dare I ask what the Strange Thing actually is? And to be more crass, how well does a tent zibit of that nature actually play in today's over stimulated market?

Owen: Basically the same question about how your pocket zibit plays at local flea markets.

I've been playing with the idea of putting together a small tent show. Shrunken head, figi mermaid or some other bizarre oddities from the parts unknown. Just not sure how big a market there is for a $1 a pop lookie lu.