The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Fairground Attractions. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Remember not so long ago a heated thread on the prostitution of our art ?? Well Channel 5 have come up with a much better idea,,Fairground Attractions 8pm last night ran for an hour and I thought was very well done.

All in all a cleaned up version of a fly on the wall (Type) Docu,,,showing many of our friends and respected operators,,,among this first showing were Danters and Carters,also got a glimpse of David Weeks in his golden tophat and tails at micham where the riots nearly killed their Charter !!!

So far Ch5 are portraying us as hard working human beings,,,lets hope this continues and helps to kill the myths around show folk.

This may work ! If it does you can see the first programme complete !! http://www.channel5.com/shows/fairground-attractions/ Im looking forward to the next and giving Harry Danter a good ribbing when we next meet.

Good clean informative entertainment (So far).

Jim, I think you would enjoy.

Ken.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
This looks like a Great documentary...Unfortunately where I am at will not let me watch it...I head Home to Tampa from the W.Q.'s today so will try again tonight...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
I heard about this, but my girlfriend was watching some mind numbing rubbish on tv at the time, so I didn't get to see it.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Get shot of her,,,,quick.
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
She'e the only one I've found that'll put up with me, and seem happy about it, so there's hope yet.

Just watched the first episode, thought it was good, so I'll find the next one online next week.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Looks like shes got the trousers on then !!!!
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
Perhaps, at the moment........
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
USA seems to be blocked. Transcribe it for us Ken. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Transcribe definition >>> to write out from speech, notes etc, rewrite in a different script form, or make a phonetic transcription of !!

Doug go get Taxidermed !!

One for you Doug,,,who`s Zibbit will be outside Highgrove House nr Tetbury very soon !!! (Home to Camil and Charlie Boy).

Don`t tell a soul !!!!
jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
Save yourself a build up Ken, just put the
banners up at the gates of Hi brow grove
and point out Camilla to the masses!!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Ken, you can tell Doug to get stuffed. It means something different, here in the states.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
This should help you to understand us more intelligent people,,,, http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Our description of Bonkers fits you to a T, Ken!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Oh well, we can all watch the half at the beginning of Boardwalk Empire, and last week's awful CSI.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I will say that you guys have some nice trailers over there. Plus the steam powered equipment looked great.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Its repeated on the following Sunday pm still on Ch5 for those who miss it.

Yep Carters (Royal Berkshire Steam Fair) Try to keep the preservation bit up but most steam equipment can be seen on the Steam Rally runs,,,of note The Great Dorset Steam Fair (Biggest in the world) Which we have attended for over 27 years.

Ken
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Second round tonight chaps,,,, same channel and time, hope its as good as the first!!

Ken
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
Think you might beable to see it on http://www.fastpasstv.ms if that helps
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Another edition tonight and it just gets better and better. Got a glimpse of Voltini`s show with Carters and David Weeks in all his Glory once more popped up. The promise of Great Dorset coverage next week so I may get to see me !!!! Yep and never got paid !!

Nice one son.

Ken.