The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Denny & Lee Baltimore Workshop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Now listen up, you mugs. I will be doing a workshop of sideshow skills at Denny & Lee's Magic Shop in Balitmore on November 26th. I'll be teaching fire eating, glass walking, hand in an animal trip, the basics of sword swallowing and the Human Blockhead act. The time and price of all this is to be determined.

I will also discuss other vital information such as how to cram two people into the possum belly of a truck, how to get online at a local library and the zen of tying a half hitch. I will also have availabe employment applications for the BCS and WOW shows. The application fee can be paid that day, cash only please.

See down on the Mason Dixon line.

Todd
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I have slept in the possum belly of a truck on canvas.I felt so lucky to have found that canvas.Awwww,the good old days.

Do tell Denny hello for me Todd.

Don
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Okay, here are the details. We have moved the date to 12/3. It will be at 3pm at Denny & Lee's Baltimore shop. It will be $65 for the workshop and that includes all lecture notes and materials except the animal traps. You can buy them at the shop is you want. You can go to Denny's website http://www.dennymagic.com/. It will be fun and you will have some new material to add to your act. So there.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Take a map with you cos we got lost twice trying to find it. Its way out in the outback of Baltimore,,,out in the sticks !!! Look out for Apaches, KKK members and ambushes.

Ken.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Ken, no one said life would be easy.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Look for the place Ken got lost, and don't go there.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Sounds like fun!

Todd, if your ever in the Phoenix area and want to do something like this let me know I would LOVE to put it together.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
But Ken, why aren't you telling everyone when you got lost and the hillbilly ****** your *** with a **** and ****** in the **** **** and ******* then you ****** his ****** with your ***** and you were found wearing womens high heel shoes and a corset?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
They will find out for themselves,,,,look for the little Hillbilly church,,,the rustle in the bushes and the big black don** which made me smile.
My journey started at Penn Station Madd Sq Gdn and arrived two hrs later at Penn Station Baltimore (How can two stations so far appart be the same !!!). Even before that the NY underground system which was devised for loonies got us lost,,,,,yep its easy you get off at *** but that's only if you get on at *** then certain times of the day it just keeps going so you have to double back on yourself blah blah blah,,,stupid Yanks no wonder they came into the war late,,,,,cos they lost their bleedin way !!!

Serious though the folks out at Denny`s were a pleasure and helped me ship my yank heritage back over the pond,,,,I also bought a couple things escape wise,,,,a bike lock thingy invented by a Harley Divison bloke,,,,hes got an award for living that long or something !!!! Thought he was great when I revved him up between my legs !!!

So now Im back in the sensible land,,,hows about sending me some of those Real NY Housewives !!!!

Ken.
DaPaHo
View Profile
New user
NANUET
2 Posts

Profile of DaPaHo
Todd,

Do you plan on giving this workshop in the NY area in the near future?

Thanks,

Dan
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I have not plans for other workshops at this time. I will down in the DC area at that time doing a couple of things and decided it was time to do this Denny gig. It should be fun.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
This is Mike Vitka, Jim and I are on the way back to Florida, after finishing up the season in Shreveport, LA. A couple of years ago I took Todd's sideshow school class at Coney Island, where he taught fire eating, glass walking, hand in an animal trip, the basics of sword swallowing and the Human Blockhead. It cost hundreds of dollars. At the time it seemed like a fair deal. Now that information is for sale for $65 at Denny and Lee's. Was I ripped off at Coney Island, or has the information just lost that much value in five years?
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The more people who know a secret will diminish the value of the secret. This is well known in magic sales.

We have a guy over here right now who used to teach glass walking on a one to one basis for a good fee,,,he now does it for free in order to get publicity and has been known to teach in return for free stall rental !!!!

that's the trouble with what we do,,,we charge for people to see the unusual, the sensational !!! Then our secrets are blown along with our income. Life!!!!

Ken.
BTW You must remember Todd has taught thousands over the years and become very wealthy out of it,,,so his prices are bound to drop with such exposure ! Just think yourself lucky that Penn & Teller havnt cottoned on !!! Yet,,,hahaha.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Todd must of really been booblelised by Dick Zigun to undercut his School by so much!!...
Zig wants 800 Bones...
and 700 to learn how to paint a Bad Banner!...

http://www.coneyisland.com/sideshow_school.shtml

Reminds me of the Circus Business bringin in Hulligans (Europeans)for cheap after WWII...
then the Hulligans complained that the imported Mexican acts were undercutin them...
then the Mexicans Acts complained when the Russians and East Block acts showed up after the Wall fell..
which the Ruski's and Slavic's complained when the Chinese showed up...
Hilarius!!!

Who's gonna undercut Todd's $65 ????...

I'm raisin my Tuition to $25,000 a year...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
Good call Jim, you only need 2 mugs per year and you can give away the tenting lark!!
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Puts it all in perspective...
You can now learn the Basics of the Sideshow Arts in 1 afternoon for $65..
Yet 50 thousand doesn't even cover the expenses of a Big tented Rag...
Yet they want to declare us as the toothless broke transients...
Thanks Mike Vitka...
Evel Knievel

RBMentalist
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of RBMentalist
Really looking forward to it Todd!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The Coney Island classes I ran were for a full week and included much more than what I'm doing at Denny's shop and went into more detail. What I am doing on 12/3 are a couple of the simplier and quicker to learn skills, plus starting people off in the right direction on the skills that will take some time and practice to full acquire. These were the skills we worked on everyday during the Coney Island courses.

And just the honor of spending a week with me is worth far more than the price of that Coney Island course, thank you very much.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:
On 2011-11-16 16:01, Todd Robbins wrote:

And just the honor of spending a week with me is worth far more than the price of that Coney Island course, thank you very much.

Hip-Hip-Hooray!
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Melvin is spinnin like a Chicken @ El Pollo Loco...
Evel Knievel