The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Sideshow in Manchester UK. September and October 2003 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I have just confirmed our first theatre booking today. If you are in the area please come along and give us your support. Its going to be a great show!

Venue: The Dancehouse Theatre, Oxford Rd, Manchester. http://www.thedancehouse.co.uk
Date: Thursday, 23rd October 2003
Time: TBC, probably 8.30pm
Price: About £10 per ticket. There are 400 seats available but as the show is being promoted by the Comedy Store we expect it to sell out fairly quickly once the tickets go on sale.

The show is part of the Comedy Stores festival of comedy and will be 80 minute's of sideshow stunts, laughs and sheer bloody minded nastiness. See the show description below:

Two performers, one goal. To create total mayhem on the stage. Step right up for horrible and hilarious sideshow stunts, crazy escapes, lunatic feats and a whole bunch of total stupidity. Part comedy, part tragedy and all completely nasty, this is a show that will screw with your mind and probably turn your stomach. You lucky people.

We will also be doing a warm up show at the Roadhouse nightclub in Manchester sometime in September as part of their tenth anniversary. Probably alongside a well known band. After the show the club will turn over the entertainment to the house DJ playing mainly rock stuff.

I will update with more info when I have it.

Cheers everyone

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Wow !!!!!! What Great news David...

BREAK-A-LEG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your good friend,
Don
P.S. I have the money for the show ticket...its that *** plane ticket...LOL !!!
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
David,

This sounds excellent. Congratulations on your first Theatre Booking! Smile

I'll buy you a beer when I see you!!

James.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi James

Thanks for the support Smile

The theatre is pretty big and prestigous so it is scary to be taking the show there. Especially as everyone in the crowd will have paid good money to see us. The show is going to be excellent though, they are going to be getting their moneys worth!

Getting the show linked up with the Comedy Store is excellent for us. The theatre is hosting the stores festival of comedy in October/November and the theatre asked if we would be interested in being the opening show. If it goes well it could lead to some pretty big things. I would love to play the store in London, which is my goal following this show.

Cya all

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Hi David

Congrats - sounds as if things are on the up, and it's great to see that show like yours will be giving sideshow performing a bigger profile. I'm going to do my best to haul my scrawny butt down to Manchester for a show. It will just depend on other work committments.

good luck with it all bud!

cheers

mal