The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Sword Swallower's Day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You are all hereby invited to come celebrate SSAI World Sword Swallower's Day 2010 with us this Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium on 42nd St. in NYC. There will be a bunch of blade glommers there and we will do a swallow in unison at 2:27 pm. If you can down a blade, bring it along and join us. And everyone else is welcome too. I hope to see you there.
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
I already planned to come down to watch, but the loving wife put the breaks on it.
Just not enough money in the budget this month for a train ticket! Durn It! Break a leg, it sounds like a great time!
aka Billy Boston
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Sorry, financial obligations (work) prevent me from attending. Sad, I was planning on bringing tools and materials to fab a sword on the spot. We could set a record for fastest sword swallow from raw steel to gullet.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Im in tech for Romeo and Juliet, but while everyone is going to be in town. Feel free to come to a preview.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Just saw a teaser on the CBS morning news show with footage from last year (I think). Too short, but still nice.

Chris
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
We had a great time down here in St. Augustine FL. Last year I did the Orlando spot but there was no one in St. Augustine. It is the oldest Ripley's Odditorium, opened in 1950, so I couldn't allow that to happen this year.

We did a morning TV spot for a local affiliate, then a local radio spot and then a little performance at the Odditorium. Great crowd. It was rainy so we moved it indoors to a cozy little room that was just perfect. Wally and I had a great time and hope you all did too. I am not a fan of live TV as it normally occurs at a time when I am going to bed so I make up words but I can never say no.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/defa......24215001
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This is coverage of the event in NYC. Funny how the one not swallowing a sword steals the show. I am a proud father.

http://www.nydailynews.com/features/vide......t8F7N_uR
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Fantastic Todd! Such a lucky man and you have every reason to be a proud Daddy.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Todd, I am amazed by your son!!!!! The Hollywood event went well too....Brett did Great!
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Truly awesome! I wish I could have made it, I would have love to see some old friends and meetsome new. Todd, the picture of you and your son is priceless!
Kevin Gerrone
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gerrone
Yes your son really stole the show Todd! What a great video!!!! Congrats to you and all the sword swallowers across the country as this is truly an amazing skill!!!!