The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Sideshow Gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Is anyone selling off any gaffs?
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Somebody has to have a 2 headed calf in their closet somewhere.........
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Check e-bay, and talk to Doug.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Still looking for gaffs of all types........also looking for real freak animals alive or dead (pickled or taxidermy).
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Check the suppliers at Sideshow World. If you join their email list, you will see messages announcing various items on eBay.

Yours,

Paul
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Thanks Paul....I joined the group awhile back. It is a cool list. I've tapped out most of the known makers. I'm looking for pieces that aren't everyday......and I still need a two headed calf. Who has a closet full of deformed creatures in jars? I know you're out there!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
T-Ray...I really don't want to sound harsh but you seem to be asking the same question...over and over...in different threads...if it isn't here, it isn't here...and if it isn't on Sideshow World it isn't available in the general population of side show folk...

Do what old timers did...they didn't have internet...it's great you are For It but get 'With It'...THEN maybe you'll run into one...or hear from a farmer or taxidermist...do a google for weird taxidermists...they are all over the place.

Get ahold of 'Furry' Joel Shipley in Pennasylvania...or come up with some HUGE cash and magically you'll find one...or become a real worker in the industry...work the shows and when one comes on the grapevine you'll know it. What else can we tell you? They are not a dime a dozen...and they are not on the magic Café anymore than they are at your local Tru Value hardware store.

Put an ad in Circus report as a last resort. Put an ad in Farm Journals...visit Farms...do all the things we used to do (and is still done) to get a collection...

D
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Not the same Joel Shipley who is into Roller Coasters and amusement parks? I didn't know he was into this side of carnival stuff, too.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. I first heard about Doug from friends who are members of DAFE and NAPHA and absolutely love SDR.

Chris
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Doug, I'm doing all of that AND looking here at the Magic Café'. I've contacted every farm in the country (and the UK) and found some nice treasures.....I just want more and I'm not shy about listing over and over. So far, I've got a REAL 2 HEADED CALF SKULL, a 2 HEADED PIG WITH 8 LEGS, a 2 HEADED CHICK, a DUCKLING with 1 HEAD and 2 BODIES, CONJOINED MICE, a LARGE 2 HEADED TURTLE, a 5 LEGGED CALF, two 2 HEADED RACCOONS, a 2 HEADED SNAKE, a 2 HEADED CONJOINED INFANT SKELETON, a CYCLOPS INFANT SKULL, a REAL SIAMESE TWINS/MERMAIDS X-RAY, a VAMPIRE CHILD'S HEART, a FULL DEVIL CHILD DISPLAY, a DEVIL PIG, 2 JUAN CABANA ATLANTEAN FISH PEOPLE and a 3 FT SEA MONSTER, a LARGE DEVIL FISH, an 18 INCH GIANT KILLER PIRANHA, a 4 FT GIANT SQUID, a PYGMY OCTOPUS, a 3 FT WIDE GIANT ALASKAN CRAB, MUTANT CRABS and smaller sea creatures, 2 FT PUFFER FISH, GIANT LOBSTER CLAWS, DEFORMED LOBSTER CLAWS, a GIANT LIZARD FISH, a KILLER ALLIGATOR, a 12 LEGGED TARANTULA and MUTANT SCORPION, 2 MUMMIFIED HUMAN HEADS, a MUMMIFIED WITCH'S HAND, MUMMIFIED CAT and SQUIRREL, a SQUIRREL with a PARASITIC TWIN, a FLYING SQUIRREL, 3 SHRUNKEN HEADS, REAL HEADHUNTER MACHETE and NECKLACES, a HUMAN TROPHY SKULL, MONKEY TROPHY SKULLS, TIBETAN KAPALAS, PANCHO VILLA'S TRIGGER FINGER, a LARGE CHUPACABRA, a UNICORN SKULL, a SWAMP APE/WOOLY BOOGER, A BIGFOOT DISPLAY, two 15 FT KILLER SNAKESKINS, a 3 HORNED STEENBOK (like DIK DIK)-only known example, 3 HORNED SHEEP SKULL, other UNIQUE SKULLS, an ALBINO SKUNK and ALBINO CALF HEAD, SWAMP MONSTER CLAWS, 3 SUPER REALISTIC BOUNCERS, other assorted taxidermy, a GREAT collection of SIDESHOW, CIRCUS and MAGIC memorabilia (including ANTIQUE BANNERS and POSTERS), and the list goes on.............SO I"M DEFINITELY "WITH IT". I'm about to get my first LIVE 2 HEADED TURTLE!!! I'm excited about that! Anyway, I'm the REAL DEAL. So give a young buck his respect.........I've come a long way from the woods of NORTH CAROLINA and I don't just talk the talk.....I walk the walk. I'll see ya'll on the road.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Handa...he's a Tattoo Artist in Philly...same guy? Nick name Furry or Furry Couch...good guy.

T-Ray...sounds like you been busy...and keepin' Mark busy too. Smile (cool)

Just tryin' to keep you on the straight path but it seems you have it together in spades. Maybe we'd like to hear about what you do have...how you got it...etc.
Sounds to me like the newbie questions you've been asking and getting answers to were a bit off track from all sides...I'd be very glad to hear some substance from you about your collection ...stuff like that.

Good luck finding that 2 headed calf...if mark doesn't know where one is available, probably nobody does...'cept maybe 'Furry' as I mentioned.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
2 Headed calf,,,,Michael Diamond from Liverpool UK OK.

Ken
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
What would they call a 2 Headed Dik Dik?
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Well Doug, I found the 2 headed calf skull by tracing a lead on a taxidermist in North Dakota. I heard he was working on a 2 headed calf taxidermy and I wanted it. I contacted him and he didn't know if the old farmer whose calf it was would be interested in selling the taxidermy. So, I asked if he still had the skull and he said it was still in his freezer with all the meat still on it. I bought it right away and had it shipped out to a skull cleaner in California. He put it in a box with flesh eating beetles and now I have a nice clean 2 HEADED CALF SKULL! If you would like to see the pics of Jeckyl and Hyde with the flesh still on him, let me know. It's very interesting! Another one of my attempts at finding a two headed calf was when I took a 2000 mile trip to Seattle for that auction I told you about. I battled a guy head to head for it, but he was too determined! I made him pay top dollar though! Just last week, Ward Hall told me that that guy was a representative from Ripleys, so I felt better about it......AND we got a big write up about the auction battle that was called BETTER THAN WIMBLETON in the Seattle newspaper!!! That's a memory! One other 2 headed calf story is when I found out about a vet in the midwest who had delivered one. I found his office and called him. He told me that he didn't keep the body of the dead calf, but had just sent it to the dump. I offered his assistant $500 to go dig it up!!! He wasn't sick enough to do it, but I was ready to pay him for it...and if there are any graverobbers on this site, the offer still stands. The bones are better than a taxidermy anyday. If ya'll want to hear more of these types of stories, let me know....I've got a million of them!
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Joel is not be the same person I first mentioned. My "clue phone" just rang, and I realized that Joel is Professor Ouch/Mr. Goofyhead from the Philly area. Good guy to deal with from the transactions I've made.

T-Ray and I have traded some emails back and forth, as well as competed for some OOAK items on eBay. (Still no disrespect to Doug intended. I pay good money for good stuff like his, but also like the thrill of "the hunt" in terms of collecting things. The eBay thing also has hours more accomodating to my schedule as I'm usually waking up as people are covering/packing up their flea market wares on most weekends.) Fortunately for my pocketbook and unfortunately for my collection, T-Ray has had the capital to "go the distance" in some very heated auctions.

From what I gather, he's interested in a menagerie for multiple business and personal reasons, and "gets it" as far as different performing styles (single-o vs. tent show). He's already tapped into most of the resources I know, including some respected artists on and off this board.

2-Headed Calf: I have several firsthand accounts of a currently-operating haunt in the Philly area that has living animal oddities as a side attraction. If I remember the story, there was either a 2-headed goat or a 2-headed calf as a part of the menagerie. If I can dig up the info, I'll PM you , T-Ray. You may be better off contacting Joel as it is his neck of the woods.

Chris

P.S.--Joel's website: http://www.profouch.com is up and running again.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep...Professor ouch, derived from Furry cOUCH one of his old handles. Great guy and man can he eat!!!! We had dinner one night at a jewish deli here and cleaned the joint out...hahaha...great guy. T-Ray...if you haven't already get ahold of him.

Yeah...I like that story of the Vet and the non-happening 'dig'. Smile

As to Ripley's...they got more stuff than we'll ever see in storage and buy it up to keep the 'competition' dry. BS.

So you were the guy who bid that auction in Seattle...if you told me I forgot...hope Ripley's choked on it...unless they want to show it...I hate that hidin' crap just to keep it away from others.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Thanks Kondini, Handa, and Doug.......I appreciate the help! Doug, I hate that about Ripleys also. I was trying to buy a Real Cyclops Lamb from a guy in the London and they bought it out from under me! They must have sideshow spies or something.......
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
They have plenty of 'em...paid to do it too! Their Museums USED to be killer...now they are mostly Media junk and replicas...fortunately I saw them when they were great...really GREAT.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Yea....it seems like they're just using a formula now for the franchise. They need people who are still hungry for the Super Abnormal! It would be cool to go in one and see a hundred things that you've never heard of. All I know is that rent on Hollywood Blvd. is at least $25,000 to $35,000 a month at the spot they've got, so they are making CASH!!!
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
WOW! We start talking about 2 headed calfs, and I find another one!!! Does anyone know a good taxidermist that has done a 2 headed calf before AND has the time to do it now? It's a two headed Black Angus!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Too bad your list was all caps...too hard to read.

If you want objects I have a brother who is a one legged stumble bum, presently alive, you can buy.
Steve V