The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Jim Hand... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 15:38, Kevin Gerrone wrote:
Nips.... It seem as though you are sooooo concerned with telling everyone how "with it" and how great you are! A good showman and or artist should not have to tell everyone how great they are but is just is do the audience/peers will tell them what a great job they are doing! You try sooo hard and make yourself look pathetic.

It's good to see your true colors.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Ah, forget it
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
Isn't it nice to see we all get along so nice.....Our Mothers ( Muthas) would be so proud
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
That's cos your not with it, Im not with it and Harley has never had it so he wouldnt know whether he is with it or not. All I can say is if Im with it it got away cos I never thought I had it, So if its not important why is everyone on about it ?

I couldn't give a rats ass who`s with it got it or had it, cos I don't want to catch it if you have had it anyways.

So Im better off without it,,,so there. Now go take a hike.

WTF does being with it mean anyways. Ive never had it or never missed it or even want it.

Ken. Who is quite happy without it.
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
If you REALLY don't understand the the term " With IT and for IT " you sure make a lot of noise talking about something when you don't even know WHAT you are talking about. I guess that's just the way it is in England. BULLY.

I never thought I'd say this. Compared to you Kenny ,Nippulinni is a nice guy. At least he knows what IT is.

BTW...I was with IT my entire life and COULDN'T BE PROUDER and I REMAIN 1,000% FOR IT !
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
"It" is The Show.
As in "I'm with the Show".
On a lot with six hundred carnies and ten thousand townies,
it can be difficult to tell the difference because not all carnies know each other.
Since many carnies are dedicated hard working people they will fire a crack at every potential prospect,sometimes another carny.
In that case it is considered polite to reply "I'm with The Show" or simply "I'm With It".
That saves everybody a lot of time.
Being "For It" means you support The Show.
Anyone who doesn't support The Show is a Knocker and considered fair game.
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
Thanks,Pete.....Hope to see you in Feb.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK,,,I think,,,so its a kind of Im the great one cos I do this and that. Pretty sad if you ask me cos greatness comes from those who think your great not from yourself.

Typical Yankee thing,,,bigger than life itself, makes no sense to anyone else,,,self BS,,,a bit like the yanks turning up late for the war then pretending they won it on their own hahaha.

UK term for a knocker would be a flattie,,,but not to look down on,,,,use maybe but not look down on. Well Im glad your with it and proud of it but sorry it don't break any wind with me cos BS may baffle brains where you come from but not impressed over here.

Nipps is proberly as you say a nice guy,,so whats that got to do with the cost of chips ????

You may have F****ed up the Queens english but you gotta understand it first.

Ken. Without the BS,,,not proud but happy to be working,,,,just.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
With this forum, you would think GTFM stands for GRIPE TOO F****** MUCH!
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 14:49, Cholly, by golly! wrote:
With this forum, you would think GTFM stands for GRIPE TOO F****** MUCH!

THANKS.....BEST laugh I've had in a long time........
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
HELLO JIm From The VENICE BEACH FREAKSHOW!!!! I love your work and would like to get your contact information. Could you send it to me in a PM? Could you share some stories from the road? I would like to personally welcome you here and also thank Jim Z. for helping bring you to the forum. Those of you who have a love for this work should be respectful of our newest member, as well as Jim Z's dedication and knowledge. Real knowledge is priceless.......it helps get to the money faster!!! Smile
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
I'm "With" my show, and "For" it and the people in it. Doesn't matter if it's theatre, vaudeville, or whatever. I'm also for the history of sideshow and variety arts, as well as the last of the tented shows. Im also with and for the people that have the same motivation which is to keep a dying art alive. I understand your need to distinguish the difference and make clear the true meaning, but I don't think we need to alienate people because of it. Again, we are with and for something. I've been a road guy and I've been a house guy, ultimately both worth incredibly hard, put on a good show, they are with it, for it, and GTFM. Let's not let simantics, divide a community with a common goal.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I just clicked an imaginary "like" button.
Well put Martin.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I have no wish (these days) to add to the conflicts.
There are many here with far more experience than me in here, and I am happy to have the opportunity to learn from all of you and hear your fantastic stories.
I also remain, and always will remain, proud of the things that I have done and will do in the future.

May your cash boxes always overflow,
Critter
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
Thanks Martin for an excellent post

I didn't join the Café to make enemies. I already have enough. We CAN all learn from each other. Why don't we all smoke the peacepipe ( or any other smoking materials you may have handy) Lets be friends. Cofee, anyone?
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Thanks Jim (or Mr. Hand if you will.) I jumped on-board a little late. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and welcome to the café.
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
PLEASE ! Everyone I really like being called Jim, I have been called MUCH worse....So PLEASE CALL ME "JIM"....Don't make me get nasty...

The only time I want to be MR. HAND is if you are sending me money.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
After 40 plus years in this biz I never thought it would be associated with snobbery !!! Hell what on earth in this job makes any of us better than anyone else....its a hard life in my quarter and I try to treat everyone the same. My shows have worked for the Krays, Royalty, Strip Clubs and even the London Palladium, in my audiances I have had princes and paupers done private gigs for Yul Brynner, Billy Connelly and Diana Dors equally for Raymonds Revue Bar and benders in lower Manhatton NYC,,,so what, its just a job.

I speak plain and to the point, I don't suffer fools too easy,,and for any of us to self back pat is alien to any true showfolks way of life.

There are no snobs in this biz so if you think your special in any way,,,your delusional.

Ken.

BTW. No I didn't understand the US term with it,,,still cant fathom out a use for useing it. Guess its a US UK difference so will leave it as a diction difference but it has undertones of snobbery.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Look on here at the thread "Bringing civility back to BON" Sums up what I have been saying here >>> Snobbery turned to discord,,,self acclaim,,,hahaha what a load of cobras.

Think my point has been made on here for me,,,I rest my case. Long live Judge Judy.

Ken.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
To muddy the waters and or definition more, the term "With it" in the states at least has become a common phrase for "Being on point", or Lucid. Just my two cents, and a wooden knickel.