The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: My next piece. CAn you guess who? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang!

One of the ways I try to give back to the magic community is to write. And I'm pumped about my next piece! Can you guess who it is...

"Judgement? What's that even doing in science, let alone art? My mantra is to number 1; explore freely. And number 2; to share."

"The real misdirection is when I say I'm a magician and we enter into the tragic/comic ceremony of having a card picked and then found. I mean, how %#&ing crazy is that? The whole thing is a ruse. It's a ruse for me just to hang out with them and, ultimately, try and trick them into allowing themselves to reveal a part of who they are to me- and I have this privileged seat to respond to a fellow human being."

"I'm ultimately probably more of a psychologist or sociologist in disguise- and I use the whole magic thing to see glimpses of people."

You're not allowed to guess if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook Smile
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-04-24 16:34, Jamie D. Grant wrote:

You're not allowed to guess if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook Smile

What if we never read your Twitter feeds or Facebook posts? Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Lol- then guess away! Your piece was great, by the way!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Gee, everybody here must be on your Facebook feed as no one is guessing.

Glad you liked my column. For some reason I always find it a little distressing that people read what I write.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.