The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: Steve Brooks Interview - November 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Great interview of our Café host, Steve Brooks, in the November issue of Magic. Well done, Steve!!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps it will shed a bit of light from my side of the screen as it were. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congrats Steve! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Mark. Smile
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I bought the latest issue of Magic just for this interview. While it was great overall, I was a little disturbed by Steve's reference to having to "babysit" the members.

Sadly, I ultimately have to agree, after seeing some discussions get overheated, that some "babysitting" is required.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Great interview Steve...I felt proud.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I enjoyed the interview completely. Thanks for doing it!

I'm proud to be a member of the Magic Café.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks everyone for your continued support of our little community - yooz da best. Smile
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
I have known Steve since 1989 and I have to tell you I have never known anyone more deserving of this article in Magic Magazine than him.

I have seen Steve work so hard on so many projects always giving more than one hundred percent. I am real happy for you Steve. I know even better things are in store for you!

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
An Intelligent Interview Of A Very Intelligent Person.

Nice Job!!

Tutto Va Bene!!

Best,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1150 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I was so excited to see the article in MAGIC. I feel like they're writing about a friend, even though I've never met Steve.

Oh, I haven't read it yet. I first had to log on to the Café to see what was being said about it. : )
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
560 Posts

Profile of pradell
Very nice article. Especially the part about this website being the great equalizer. At the Café we're all hopefully logging on to help one another enjoy the art of magic. Putting the egos aside to spread the joy of learning and sharing our passion. Having some rules is a good thing. Many of us in Magic are still kids to a great extent...creative humans never really "grow up" the way others do. So having a "parent" supervise our Café frolicking is a good thing overall. Thanks for putting in all the extra effort Steve!

:magicrabbit:
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Just got my Magic Magazine today and I enjoyed the article very much. One never realizes just what goes on in the background of such a famous site as The Magic Café.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Wow, ta think I knew him way back when?

Steve has been my mentor & best friend for a long time now, he really deserves all he has achieved from the hard work he has put into everything he does.

Mike
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Chiming in....

I've been around a while...Not FOREVER like some of you gezzers (KIDDING JAZ< I"M KIDDING!)...

Point is this: Throughout my ENTIRE "Magic Café" experience, I've NEVER had an issue/question/or request that wasn't either personally handled by Steve, or handled for him by his UNBELIEVABLE staff.

Go ahead, look around the Internet and find me another site that can compare to this one....None stay 'in line' with what they are supposed to be about...

The customer service here on the Café is complete and, HONEST, and fair...

Steve is a superior Captain of this ship;

Or should I say, Chef of this Kitchen?

All the best Café staff, you guys rock!

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Excellent interview article. Helps to understand and appreciate the Café even more. Bill
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I was just nodding my head around Space Invaders!! Of course, I was MUCH younger when I saw it. Smile But I did see it.

Ah, the power of Basic, the Vic20, the 64 (ruled the world with the Commodore 128 when that came out).

RevJohn
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The article was a good sample of what goes on behind the scenes, although there was much that was obviously not printed due to available space. Besides, it's an interview, not a book.

Again, thanks to you all and I'm happy to know that there are those who do understand my vision, such as it is. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will just make it short, Steve. Congradulations. Smile
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
397 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Steve,

Congratulations on your article in MAGIC! It was an interesting read. Well done!

Tom Frame
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Wonderful coverage, Steve - what about expanding on the article by writing an ebook download for registered Café users. I'd love to read some more "behind the curtian" stories about this special place. Might be a easy way to raise a few bucks to help support the Café?

Cheers,
Kerry