The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: Magic Magazine article on Alain Nu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Otter
View Profile
New user
Maryland
5 Posts

Profile of Otter
There is an interesting article in June issue of Magic Magazine which gives some background on the guy who did the specials on The Learning Channel: The Mysterious World of Alain Nu. The article gives a rough Bio of Alain's varied work as a professional magician (used to do a silent Asian-themed illusion act!), as well as info on some of the creative consultants and brainstorming involved in putting together the TV series (it also explains how the title "Mind Games" was foisted upon Alain by the producer, but ultimately rejected due to persistance by Mr. Nu). I came away with a better idea of the insane pressures involved in shooting the show, and of the "seat of the pants" group-effort creativity that gave the show a unique feel.
Regardless of how you felt about the series, the article provides an interesting window into it's creation, and it's creator.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I think the shows are pretty cool. I'm not very found of mental magic but I thought some of the things were interesting.

Kyle
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Alain Nu has a great website worth checking out -
http://www.nu-magic.com/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks for that link evolve629!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".