The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: How did you become interested in magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What made you decide to become a magician?
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I thought I'd get dates (LOL)
Jason Johnson
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
50 Posts

Profile of Jason Johnson
That hasn't worked for me yet Magringo, lol.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Strange...we're in the Feminine Forum, and no ladies have answered this question. Hmmmm... Smile

Doug
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My Life Partner Tom was (and is) my Mentor.

-Mary Mowder
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
I watched Tommy Cooper and Paul Daniels as a kid and decided that magic was pretty cool. At the time, I wasnt aware that magic was male dominated, so I didn't see an issue with starting it. First trick I learned was the cups and balls with teacups and screwed up balls of paper
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My older brother took me downtown to the YMCA to guest swimming at about 10 years old. On the way we passed Stoner's Magic shop, so he took me inside, as he had been in the store previously. That was it, I bought the great Vanishing Card trick by Adams magic for 25 cents. Still have that trick.

I think it was more of seeing the magicians on the Ed Sullivan Show that got me interested. Then when I dicovered magic at Stoner's Magic Shop, I was hooked.
Julie Carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
Watford
139 Posts

Profile of Julie Carpenter
I was already running kids parties with just disco, party dances and party games. The magic seemed to be a natural progression
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I was five and an old vaudville magician named Arthur Frank pulled a quarter out of my brother's ear. I got in trouble digging in my brother's ear for more money. My mom told me to ask the magician to teach me how the is done. I bugged the poor man until he taught me how to do a Fr*nch Dr*p. I bored my family with this trick and a few others I 'invented' until they finally gave me a magic set when I was six. Magic has been my full-time job almost all my life and I still adore the art!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning