The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: I hope I am welcome here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
If you don't know already, I have been a very vocal and staunch supporter of women magicians. And I became even more vocal when my daughter Alexandria was born almost 3 years ago. She is already a drama queen, so there is no telling! My two best and most dedicated students are women.

So, I hope that I am welcome to contribute to discussions here.

I feel that women performers can bring so much more to magic than their male counterparts - in terms of grace, style, and emotional impact. There is a wealth of material to be drawn from your lives!

My other passion is theatrical magic - directing, scripting, blocking, character development and such.

So I humbly offer my voice to your own to these discussions, if you have me. And for any of ladies who desire a directors eye, or a professional coaching, I am offering it to you for free. That is how strongly I feel about your success. I want each of you to succeed beyond your wildest dreams, so that if my daughter one day decides to follow in my footsteps she has a long list of role models to draw from.

John "BDC" Pyka
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Big Daddy,

No invitation is necessary as I believe anyone is welcome to join in any discussion. Glad to have your input!

Chrystal
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thank you for your heartwarming comments! We have been very fortunate where my daughter is concerned because she has been blessed with so many wonderful magicians who are always willing to offer her advice and encouragement in our local ring.

Our daughter is 13 and loves magic, as do we all. Our whole front parlor is now a "staging" area where she practices nightly. She has her backdrop set up, her magicians box and performance table, all of which are now a temporary/permanent fixture. In fact, we will soon be remodeling another room in the house, and when completed, our front parlor will become a dedicated "magic" room with a close-up bar, bookshelves for storing "nicer" equipment and our magic books we have been collecting, and a permanent practice area. I have a few magic posters that I have purchased that need to be framed for the walls. Its just a matter of completing the other room and transferring the furniture to that room and purchasing the new pieces for the magic room that we want.

As far as I am concerned, you are more than welcome to join any conversation and I look forward to your input!

~ Kristen

P.S. Good to see you again Chrystal. Haven't spoken to you in awhile. Danielle has been keeping me VERY busy!
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
You forgot about the plasma t.v. above the close-up bar for watching magic videos.

Dan

Posted: Sep 30, 2006 12:07am
LOL...You never give up do you?
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Kristen!!

The room sounds wonderful, good luck with it all. I'm thinking maybe I'm going to move to your place!

Nice "seeing" you again as well!

Chrystal