The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: Who's your favorite female magician? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You're right, my bad.
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
I like Melinda too and I think she got some unfair criticism because she played the sex/showgirl image a lot. She was clearly a very professional and extremely hard working performer. Just because a woman is attractive and a good dancer as well as being an excellent magic performer doesn't mean she should be badmouthed. She knew how to put on a good show and Vegas is a bit less fun without her.

I also want to put in a word for Joanie Spina, who is a hugely talented magician and all-round performer. I think she is frequently and unfairly overlooked when people rave about Copperfield. Many of DC's best routines owe a lot to Joanie. And she has proved she can cut the mustard as a magician in her own right.

Sadly, many of the bad magic acts you see today (you know the ones where the performers seem to feel the need to do an overlong bit of embarassing dance every ten seconds) are the result of untalented morons trying to emulate what Spina did for Copperfield. What she understands and the morons don't is the every part of a routine should be there for a reason and should add to the effect. To do these things right takes someone who understands choreography and magic - and Joanie is a top professional at both.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10968 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Angelea Funoivits

here she is performing..
YouTube - Magician Angela Funovits Card Manipulation
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Izz
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
77 Posts

Profile of Izz
I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eISlHm1TN7A that was recommended by beth and loved it ... not a lot of "big" magic but she made it look so magical ... wonderful ... thanks for the pointer Smile
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
On my recent London variety shows this year, I booked two female magicians, both with completely different styles. Katherine Rhodes has a top class mentalism act with the best floating table I have ever seen, and Careena Fenton has a cheeky, varied act which is engaging and very entertaining.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Fay Presto is easily top of my list.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
What about Sabina, the first and only woman in the world that has drived blindfolded a car?

http://it.youtube.com/user/sabinasavelli
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Wow! Over a year and a half and no one has mentioned Connie Boyd. She gets my vote.

I’m quite surprised to hear of the folks that have never seen a live performance by female magician. I have seen many, many excellent performances. Melinda was a stand out years ago, and most recently the Reed Sisters and Roxanne in Louisville this past summer.

Keep up the great work!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Genny The Genie - Sacramento , Calif

Very creative and her routine is very well designed !!! Look for her and I to work together in the very near future !
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Has Betty Baney been mentioned?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
Quote:
On 2009-01-02 15:42, Paolo Venturini wrote:
What about Sabina, the first and only woman in the world that has drived blindfolded a car?

http://it.youtube.com/user/sabinasavelli

My favorite female magicians are Celeste Evans and Luna Shimada!

And Blind Drives are AWESOME! I had the great opportunity of performing one on Oct. 9th 2008 as a publicity stunt for a show I help produce called "Magic in Savanna". We announced the stunt on a radio show that week, and recieved a crowd of well over six hundred people! I had so much fun! I adore John Calvert, and got to see him do a blind drive once. It totally inspired me! I used the silver dollars, duct tape, hood, the whole nine yards! And I performed it at night! Craziness! Joel Ward helped me out, and it's a night we'll never forget!

Click here to view attached image.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 16:41, mandarin wrote:
Has Betty Baney been mentioned?

Jeeesh - and I wasn't even drinking! I meant, Becky Blaney! Apologies, Becky...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
My favourite fem. magician in Sweden.
http://www.malinnilsson.se/

Otherwise, Lisa Menna is one of my favourites...
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
It would have to be my wife...No one can make my money disappear as fast...!!

:rotf:
bombholt
View Profile
New user
Phoenix AZ
4 Posts

Profile of bombholt
My favorite female magician is Jen Adams. Several members of the Austin magic club were starting a new bar gig and I went to support them. I was a resent participant with McBride's masters class, and was pretty snooty with respect to developing your own stuff. Jen performed Eugene Burger's Inquisition card warp routine. As far as I could tell it was the same word for word, but yet it was different. She owned the performance. It was like watching an actor perform Shakespeare; familiar material, but with a new interpretation. I learned a lot that evening.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I used to like Melinda, but today? Totally disappeared from television. Randi Rain is a Vegas Comedy Magician and Fire Eater. She still is a favorite. Galina from the Ukraine slayed me, with her unique dance and floating ball routine, plus her version of Linking Rings.

The lady I've most recently seen (online), is Miss Vega Bond from London. Another very talented performer who is very pretty as well. She is performing solo, now.

Now, if age is not an issue, Patricia Duncan has really impressed me at such a young age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNDt_zcJHQA

That was 2008, when she was 13. She started magic at 10. Now, she's disappeared! That is sad, as I see talent here. I hope Patricia Duncan continues to perform.

How can I pick a favorite, from so many diverse, and unique performers? I wonder what ever happened to Chrystal? Someone told me she is an awesome performer. She was a Staff Member of this Café, at one time.

Also not heard from in a year and a half, is Jess Peterson. I've never seen her performance, but heard she is awesome. She used to post here.

I kinda miss seeing the lady magicians. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Doug
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hands down for my genre of magic,
and personally, Margaret Steele.

Magically,
Walt
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
Hey Doug! I'm still here! lol
~Jess Peterson
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh! There you are, Jess! Whoa, thought we lost ya there! Stick around, I've heard good things, and you could be an inspiration! Welcome back! Smile

Doug
Sallymagi
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sallymagi
How would a girl become the best?