The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: Do Girls Like Criss Angel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
If you take away his goth style and he did dress like a normal person I would say a lot of women would find him very good looking, because he is. He is very fit also.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Awwww!! I feel kinda bad that he's being ripped on here... so much for his enormous ego!

I don't really like his effects, but it's b/c it's on TV; I have a really hard time watching magic on TV. And that's pretty much anyone's magic. I always feel like there's too much that can be done with camera angles and stooges... never mind what you can do after it's filmed. I think if it was closeup magic in person, I'd feel differently.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Criss Angel makes me feel icky.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3632 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
"Not one guy would say that girl who played Jane Hathaway on the Beverly Hillbillies."

Now that is funny!! Randi you crack me up sometimes. Keep the posts coming!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 13:13, randirain wrote:

Not one guy would say that girl who played Jane Hathaway on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Gee, she and Ann B. Davis were my favorite characters on "Love That Bob!"

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 18:49, randirain wrote:
Well... maybe it's just me, a child of the 80's.
But I always liked Motley Crue, Poison, and the others.
How can you not like Chris Angel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVFvavwNdg

:righton:

Randi

Randi, my daughter likes those type of bands too, even though they were before her time. She doesn't like Poison, but she is a huge fan of Motley Crue. She also thinks Chris looks good, but she detests his "magic".

By the way, I played in a metal band for 13 years and I have always been a big fan of Motley Crue. I got to see them (along with my other band mates) live during the 80's "Theatre of Pain" tour. My daughter got into them and I took her to see them on the recent reunion tour. It was like the 2nd or 3rd concert they did after they got back together.

Regan
Mister Mystery
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 18:25, Tim Ellis wrote:
It's true. Most male magicians seem to think female magicians should dress like this: http://www.yandy.com/Sexy-Tuxedo-Bikini.aspx

Well, it would certainly help in the misdirection! Smile

My daughter is a fringe follower of the "goth" movement. She thinks Cris Angel is a god! His magic fascinates her and she finds him appealing on a physical basis as well.

The yelling and the screaming during the opening get to me. (Mindfreak! Mindfreak! MINDFREAK! - All right Cris, we get it. The name of the show is Mindfreak!)

I prefer magic where I believe there's an audience watching. Not a large group of assistants being presented as an audience.

I liked the "motorcycle jump" and was tickled to get to see the "divided in half" trick that I'd only read about in magazines. (The original magician hired a set of twins, one of whom had no lower half, Cris didn't bother with the twin, going straight to the "division." I have to wonder if any of those people in the park weren't "in on it." Were any of those responses "real?"

Incidently, THIS is how a female magician should dress;

http://jtmtzrwj.blogspot.com/2006/09/wom......nna.html

Somebody actually came to the NYC Comiccon with this costume... she didn't do any magic though, pity.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Quote:
On 2008-08-30 10:48, ed rhodes wrote:

I prefer magic where I believe there's an audience watching. Not a large group of assistants being presented as an audience.

That's exaclty what I don't like about watching magic on TV... I pretty much assume everyone is a stooge.

And as for Criss, someone needs to tell that boy to lose the beard- stat! That, combined with his little green hat makes him look like Castro... all he needs is a cigar.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
It's odd. People try to sound wise when they say "You are only as old as you feel," but when a forty seven year old doesn't look or act or dress forty seven the advice is to 'grow up.'
It strikes me as a bit ageist.
And I like the beard, the whole Grizzly Adams thing brings me back to childhood syndicated re-runs. With the bear and the old miner with the donkey.

Many of my female friends do not like his style though. Some do find him very attractive and some don't.
So for the question of do ladies find him attractive, my answer is that it depends on the lady.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 15:56, Lady D wrote:
Younger girls may like him because he acts like a rebel but most women I know don't care for his grooming. At least he is a wonderful magician. Wouldn't you agree?

Amen!! I don't like that other magicians are copying his style (wait, never mind, that was that guy from "Celebracadabra". What's his name? Oh- Hal Sparks.) I didn't recognize Hal on the magic show because he was blatantly copying Criss from his dress to his sawing in half. (I also didn't recognize him because he looked a lot different on the show "Queer as Folk".)

People ask me why I don't perform like Criss Angel. I say because I bathe regularly and enjoy performing live without camera editing and stooges.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Actually Hal has his own band and they perform a lot in the LA area... so his rocker look is legit.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 18:49, randirain wrote:
Well... maybe it's just me, a child of the 80's.
But I always liked Motley Crue, Poison, and the others.
How can you not like Chris Angel?

I'm a big fan of Motley Crue, and Poison is one of my favorite bands (I use "nothin but a good time" as my show's opening/closing music - but please don't tell them I told you). Actually I got to see Vince (not the entire Crue) open for Poison a couple years ago. KILLER LIVE SHOW!

But, back to the question. How can we not like Criss Angel? What's the difference?

The bands are talented and have great stage presence. You can tell him I told you that.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I bet the girls like CA more for his band than his magic.
Pele
View Profile
New user
State of Bliss, USA
29 Posts

Profile of Pele
Motley Crue vs Criss Angel?

Crue any day, and while I'm thinking about it...the new Criss look really is trying to look like Tommy Lee isn't it? Huh.

Poison vs. Criss Angel?

Poison. Their music is so much better.

I've seen Criss Angel live.
This also means I've been exposed to his musical compositions and his "stage show" when it was in NYC.
I'm hoping that it improved.
If, of all the truths in the world, you choose one and follow it blindly, it becomes a falsehood and you a fanatic.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Interesting to see that, apparently, the target audience Criss has been primarily created for are completely non-plussed (in the majority) by his work. Smile
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Wanna get a girl? Play a guitar in a band.
Wanna get a girl? Have a good personality and be truly interested in them.
Wanna get a girl? Look like a rock star and do magic.
Wanna get a girl? Have a good personality and do magic.

I did the guitar route but then found women without a brain weren't fun to talk to, so I went the personality route (since I'm not Brad Pitt).

Even now, I get hit up every now and then by a woman I perform for, most of time it's in front of Sydney and I run behind her to hide. LOL

And I aint Brad Pitt.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Criss Angel reminds me of Enemin.
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Obviously this thread was directed at the girls...and being a magician I hear about Criss allot when I talk to girls at the events I work. the most common answer is..."He is hot", they like his body....even though the "Loyal" are out there w2ho can recite every trick he has done...for the most part...they don't say what their favorite illusion or trick was. They just remember he is hot. He is the Rock and Roll star of magic. I think that is great. I admire the fact that Criss has brought it to a different level. There are so many different levels of magic that there is room for everyone. I have talked to two people that used to work for Criss...and I am not impressed with him as a magician these days...but I do admire the amount of attention he brings magic...and he does it in a way that should not be embarrassing. He helped take what David Blaine introduced on a large level as being cool...and kept it there.
So do girls like Criss....almost every woman I talk to say he is hot to different degrees. So a good body...great hair...and a team to make you look better than you really are help a great deal in whatever field you are in.

I for one am not a Criss hater...I think it is great that he has grown to the level he has...and he has inspired me to focus on my abs just as much as my card handeling...lol

Quote:
On 2008-11-17 22:44, ricker wrote:
Wanna get a girl? Play a guitar in a band.
Wanna get a girl? Have a good personality and be truly interested in them.
Wanna get a girl? Look like a rock star and do magic.
Wanna get a girl? Have a good personality and do magic.

I did the guitar route but then found women without a brain weren't fun to talk to, so I went the personality route (since I'm not Brad Pitt).

Even now, I get hit up every now and then by a woman I perform for, most of time it's in front of Sydney and I run behind her to hide. LOL

And I aint Brad Pitt.

Usually with women and magic...the most requested magic trick I know I get and the guys I talk to locally is...
Can you make my boobs grow.

That being said...I find it hilarious that people look at magic as a way to pick up women. But you are in locations where you are introduced to a wide spectrum of females.If you are in entertainment and have a great personality that will take you very far at the beginning...because you are a little more bold and allot more interesting to some. So yes....being a magician can bring you attention. Who is responsible for making magic an acceptable way to attract girls? Perhaps David Copperfield? David Blaine for making it cool again....and now Criss Angel? I think so. My advice....wanna get a girl? Talk to her. It doesn't matter what you do...get off that chair and say hello.
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
I like the goth type look that Criss originally had, but I don't find him attractive. Personality counts for everything
MrsMonkey
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MrsMonkey
Criss Angel could never hold my intrest. In my opinion, he's acting so dramatic that it's impossible for me to get lost in his magic.