The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: How to get into hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
YTBN
View Profile
New user
Lancashire
35 Posts

Profile of YTBN
Should I go a certain route to get into hypnosis. I live in the UK and I was wondering where I could go on a course or something for certification for hypnosis.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I would study from books like McGill, Nelson and Trickshop.com first. Just to see if you like it, then consider a training course as they are expensive.

Just what I advise.

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
Any training course that you can recommend. THere are many on the net and I'm sure some are great and others are not. The valley course is already over this year : (
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Be very careful about the many hypnosis courses available - many are not all they make out to be!
It is very easy for individuals to set up there own hypnosis schools and give out apparent "qualifications" that are not worth the paper they are printed on, let alone the large fees they charge for these services.

That is not to say that there are not perfectly respectable courses on offer - just do some indepth research before spending your hard earned cash.
As a rule courses that run in respectable colleges etc. are the ones to go for.

You would do well to approach a working stage hypnotist and look for direct training from a professional.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Posted: Jul 9, 2004 1:02pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One other thing that is vital to understand for those living in the UK,

There are NO government-recognised certifications in hypnosis. Non-whatsoever.

There are plenty of reputable hypnosis courses that will give you all levels of training in the subject (but note my previous post.)
But the certifications you will earn from these are not recognised by the government.
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
That is the fear that I have in taking a course. I don't know any hypnotist that work in my area to ask them. I guess the best way is to contact guilds and see what they recommend.
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
YTBN, don't worry about whether the government recogises anything or not. They simply don't want to so forget it. As for you, you won't know what reputable or not when you attempt to do the check. So here's the offer: I've done an extensive search/research in the UK and if you I'm me I'll put you on to someone reputable in your area.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
You don't need certs to be recognised by the Government. To get into hypnosis I assume you mean stage? Its up to you but personally I wouldn't bother the market isn't there without insurance. Stage is not viable.

I am starting up my own school of hypnosis and my own developments but its about a broad education on the subject for personal and business use. I don't do stage anymore although it will be covered along with other mass mind manipulation used on the public. The idea is to give people the power to free themselves from manipulation.