The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Questions about the power of Hypnotism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
AaronG
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AaronG
Hi everyone, I’ve been involved in the world of magic for some time but I’m new to hypnotism. I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can online and I’m saving money to buy Reality is Plastic. I’ve managed to hypnotize my ex-girlfriend with the Elman induction and today got my mother with a handshake induction, powerful stuff! Seeing how effective this all is has brought some questions to mind, forgive me if they’ve been asked or the answers are obvious, like I said I’m new.

1. With how strong this hypnosis seems to be why hasn’t it been used for more diabolical purposes than entertainment or therapy? I understand that people wont do things against they’re will but say you convinced them you were someone who they were willing to do anything for.
2. How long can one be in a hypnotized state?
3. Finally are there any precautions I should observe while I practicing the two inductions I’ve been using?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Aaron,

good questions you ask and thanks for your interest in my book.

1. Who is to say it has not been used for more diabolical purposes. For my own experimentation and entertainment I have got into places I should not e.g got someone to hand me hotel keys and entered that room, stolen things - everything from watches to cash to car keys and got some crazy confessions out of people that really would land them in hot water if they were revealed. Some of this is on camera and other times it was not. I certainly do not think they were playing along as often there was no audience to show off too. Of course I corrected all of these wrongs later. If you were using hypnosis for diabolical means would you advertise that fact? You will find plenty of material related to more serious 'Manchurian Candidate' style techniques on the web. Check out the work of George Estabrooks. How much of it is true is hard to decipher as it is normally accompanied by lots of paranoid conspiracy stuff.

2. I don't know the answer to question 2 but what I do know is that you can give a post hypnotic suggestion and it can be fired or acted upon months later with great results. Go and create a hypno sleeper and see for yourself SmileMilton Erickson provides anecdotes where he tested PHS years later and it worked fine. I am of the view that when someone acts on that post hypnotic suggestion in the midst of their post hypnotic act they are hypnotized and wide open to your next suggestion.

3. Main precaution with the handshake if you are doing it unannounced is that someone might think they are being attacked and punch you. Apart from that know how to handle abreactions and understand that health and safety concerns as well as morals an ethical boundaries are dictated and controlled by you not your subject. If you are going to be a butcher, tax man or hypnotist, be a good tax man, butcher or hypnotist.

All the best

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
AaronG
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AaronG
Anthony,
Thanks so much for all your help. I suspected that I’d get the answers you gave me, This all this confirms that the world of hypnotism is a strange as I had assumed. Im going to look into Georgre Estabrooks work as soon as I get done typing this. Looking forward to reading your book as well.

All the best,
Aaron
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just received RIP today and opened it to any page. I can already tell this is going to be a winner.

Candin