The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Suggestion of movement? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
I have recently picked up a lovely beetle paperweight, and am developing a routine around it.

Starting off with a closed box, I introduce a selection of cards. Each has a picture of a different insect on it. The cards are whittled down to one (I'm playing with a couple of methods for this, probably pateo or equivoque, or some variation thereof.) This is the part that I want to be foolproof, so I cannot afford to use a psychological force here. (Although I am also going to play with the idea of a very basic positional force, with an out by shifting into pateo.)

Nonetheless, one card is singled out, and the box is opened, to show a beetle encased in glass/wondermaterial. This real beetle matches the selection on the card. Effect #1.

I then want to go slightly freakier, and have the beetle move. At the moment I am unable to have a mechanical method, so I am playing with the idea of suggestion (a la Derren Brown's fork-bend).

I am also somewhat inexperienced in this field, which is why I am seeking the help of someone a bit more experienced!

I have a few basic ideas, and would love to discuss this with anyone who feels they could help, either written here or via PM.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And this is hypnosis why?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
There are some great improvements for the pateo suggested on Nardi and Spellmans Unexpected DVD.

I think you will find Derren's fork did not bend because of suggestion.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:43, Dannydoyle wrote: