The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: I will Hypnotize the DJ from My Cell Phone....Can they Sue? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've been accused of Covertly Hypnotizing the DJ. Can they Sue me?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
You'd better hope so...Think of the publicity! Will they win no but let them try and it will be worth untold amounts of advertising if handled correctly.
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Details, Slim, we want DETAILS!!

"Covertly?!" Oooh! I can hardly wait!! Smile

Kidding. To be honest, anyone can sue anyone for anything these days, but, as just about any lawyer will tell the DJ, PROVING it in a court of law is going to be VERY difficult, especially if you never called the DJ from your cell phone at the time he (or she) claims you did.

And, if they DO sue, I would suggest that you get a good lawyer and file an immediate counter suit for abuse of the legal system (harassment via the courts).

If you win, you could have a whole new, second career as a DJ!

:lol:

To be honest, I would not worry too much, but I'm not a lawyer. The time to worry is IF you get served with a Notice of Suit. Then get a lawyer. Until then, it's all hype and scare tactics - and possibly a disturbed person that you are dealing with as well. So watch your back. "Covert mind control" fantasies are common paranoid ideation.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Lee is right...

Still, he would have to prove that he was hypnotized. How's he going to do that?

Then he would have to establish actual damages...

Just some thoughts...I am NOT a lawyer so take it for what it is worth.

I don't think it would be good publicity at all...the last thing you need is more hyp stereotypes in people's minds.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will be recording all of my future attempts at Covertly Hypnotizing subjects over the phone....whether they are DJ's in a Radio Station or just Executives in their offices. My Lawyer has assured me that PROOF would be almost impossible to provide. The subject is too controversial. Any jury would be split.(Don't know how they lost those cases in the UK ????)
I may need some help on the PM side of this forum if you experts are willing?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
The Doktor is an actual certified hypnotist and will assist you if needed. Also there's a battlion of Robot Henchmen waiting to be unleashed on your behest.
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I'm in, Slim. Let me know how I can help if this individual decides to do something foolish in court.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks for all of the PM's. After all is said and done I think that this procedure is safe and does not leave me open to any severe Liability. Yes, you can sue for just about anything, but winning is a different story.
No one is Pi$$ed off or very upset yet, so right now I'm OK (You're OK) Smile
Sickpuppy
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England
50 Posts

Profile of Sickpuppy
I don't suppose you have a recording of the show have you? It could make for an entertaining listen.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Oh yeah! I'd LOVE to hear THAT one!!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow

Sung to the tune of Mamma Don't Allow (No Ragtime Music)

Well Mamma Don't allow no paranoia around here!
Well I don't care what Mamma don't allow,
She's out to GET ME, anyhow!
Mamma Don't allow no paranoia around here!

Obviously, that one has gon through the ENTIRE DSM-IV-tr and has some truly hysterically funny moments in it...! Originally peformed by Tracy Holland at the First World Congress on Neurolinguistic Programming outside of Detroit, MI back in the late 1970's. And I had to FOLLOW that act - in front of a bunch of psychologists and psychiatric social workers!

Fortunately, I was doing magic...!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Sickpuppy
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England
50 Posts

Profile of Sickpuppy
This has given me an excellent idea. We could have a challenge section in the hypnosis forum. The winner being the person who can hypnotis somebody in the most bizarre situation possible, i.e. Hypnotising the DJ live on the radio without him knowing. The media would have a field day.

Ok, ok I think I got carried away with myself, but it sounded good at the time.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I accept your challenge!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
NOW look what you've gone and done, you sick puppy, sickpuppy!

:lol: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I like the idea... It would be great publicity!
I'll try for Glen Beck or Michael Savage! Smile
themysteriousone
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of themysteriousone
You could try for Glen Beck, if you don't mind waiting an hour on he phone to speak with him lol.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 23:27, Lee Darrow wrote:

Sung to the tune of Mamma Don't Allow (No Ragtime Music)

Well I don't care what Mamma don't allow,
She's out to GET ME, anyhow!
Mamma Don't allow no paranoia around here!

Obviously, that one has gon through the ENTIRE DSM-IV-tr and has some truly hysterically funny moments in it...! Originally peformed by Tracy Holland at the First World Congress on Neurolinguistic Programming outside of Detroit, MI back in the late 1970's. And I had to FOLLOW that act - in front of a bunch of psychologists and psychiatric social workers!

Fortunately, I was doing magic...!

Lee Darrow, C.H.

I love that song!!!!!
I'm now continuing with my Hypnosis Experiments. If you have cards or dice I'd like to "ALTER YOUR PARANOIA" VIA HYPNOTISM OVER THE PHONE!