The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Instant inductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Magical Mesmerizer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of The Magical Mesmerizer
Do any hypnotists know if instant inductions can be done by beginners, and if you do what are some inductions I can do
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
NO

Instant inductions, unless accompanied by a LOT of pre show prep work like publicity and things building expectation and anticipation, then no. The instant inductions, where you basically do an induction on an unsuspecting person, are at best dangerous, and at worst deadly. There are MANY of them and all have these elements. Don't do them as a beginner, and avoid them as a pro.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
SLEEP!

you can wake up now.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow shrink it worked!!!!!!!!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 20:18, shrink wrote:
SLEEP!

I am ROFLMFAO!!!!

you can wake up now.....
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Louder, Shrink!
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
Can anyone describe the term instant induction, I don't know this term in german language, am I right, that you meen rapid, speed or shock inductions?

If it is so they can be done by evryone, because they are not complicated, but be careful nobody will second that, because of the fear by loosing the status as hu hu hu hypnotist...

But at least as before said, they are dangerous...

So work on your Responsibilty...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dan you are right they are the "shock" inductions.

If not then they are just simply re inductions.

And you are right, they are dangerous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Is the tipback classed an instant induction?
brainman
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of brainman
Dangerous..concerning what?
Best,
T
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
An instantaneous induction, done on an unsuspecting person is dangerous in several ways:

1) The person will panic because they will NOT understand what you are doing and they will NOT respond by going into trance - they will respond by calling a cop and filing charges against you for assault and possibly battery.

2) The person will respond and the people AROUND them will not understand what is going on and THEY will panic and respond as in number 1.

3) Depending on the induction used, you will scare the living daylights out of the person you are working with and, in very rare instances, precipitate a cardiac event. Read: heart attack. While I have only heard of this happening once - it HAS happened.

4) In doing the falling backwards induction, you lose your footing and drop the person you are trying to hypnotize. Legal action results.

5) You succeed in inducing trance and the person THEN has a panic reaction because they have a moment to realize what just happened and they are disoriented and THEY DON'T LIKE THE FEELING of being disoriented! You now have a person in hysterics on your hands. What do you do? If you can't answer that, you have NO business doing hypnosis.

These are just some of the ways in which problems can result from doing an instantaneous induction on an unsuspecting person.

Remember: in a STAGE show, the people on stage KNOW that it is a show and that it is a HYPNOSIS SHOW - they EXPECT to be hypnotized. Doing this on the street is NOT something that John Q. Public expects to have happen and will be more than a bit nervous about.

Can you see why I am teaching a class on Safety for Stage Hypnotists at the National Guild of Hypnotists convention this August?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2006-04-26 11:44, Lee Darrow wrote:
An instantaneous induction, done on an unsuspecting person is dangerous in several ways:

1) The person will panic because they will NOT understand what you are doing and they will NOT respond by going into trance - they will respond by calling a cop and filing charges against you for assault and possibly battery.

2) The person will respond and the people AROUND them will not understand what is going on and THEY will panic and respond as in number 1.

3) Depending on the induction used, you will scare the living daylights out of the person you are working with and, in very rare instances, precipitate a cardiac event. Read: heart attack. While I have only heard of this happening once - it HAS happened.

4) In doing the falling backwards induction, you lose your footing and drop the person you are trying to hypnotize. Legal action results.

5) You succeed in inducing trance and the person THEN has a panic reaction because they have a moment to realize what just happened and they are disoriented and THEY DON'T LIKE THE FEELING of being disoriented! You now have a person in hysterics on your hands. What do you do? If you can't answer that, you have NO business doing hypnosis.

These are just some of the ways in which problems can result from doing an instantaneous induction on an unsuspecting person.

Remember: in a STAGE show, the people on stage KNOW that it is a show and that it is a HYPNOSIS SHOW - they EXPECT to be hypnotized. Doing this on the street is NOT something that John Q. Public expects to have happen and will be more than a bit nervous about.

Can you see why I am teaching a class on Safety for Stage Hypnotists at the National Guild of Hypnotists convention this August?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
What DO you do witha crying or histerical subject on stage?
Weitzenhoffer said to rehipmotise, but how do you reinduce somebody in themiddle of an abreaction or violently acting out?
I've seen this happen to Pat Collens.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
"the scene is fading" (your best friend)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Prof. JW
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
20 Posts

Profile of Prof. JW
To The Magical Mesmerizer you can find excellent explanation and demonstration on the Instant Induction, Rapid, Induction, and the traditional PR via:

1. Gill Boyne's Hypnotism Training Film #501 -- Mr. Gill is one of the most eloquent and effective master hypnotists. I'm sure you'll find his videos are very useful, educational with excellent content.
2. Tom Silver's Hypnosis Inductions that "Work" DVD -- it's very straight-forward, educational and the demonstrations are very clear and done step by step sytematically. I'm sure you'll learn a lot from it.
3. Jerry Kein's Instant and Rapid Inductions in A Professional Practice -- it's also very straight-forward, educational with good demonstrations on each type of inductions.

Of course there are other good products out there, but for now those there are among the the best ones.

Lee Darrow as usual gave an excellent insights, thank you!
Once again: our volunteer(s) and client(s)' safety, dignity, and well-being must be our #1 Priority. No more-no less.

Shrink,

Just a quick note, if you will: there are some other better ways (better alternatives) to induce someone to entering into the “state of Hypnosis” beside: “SLEEP”…

And there are some more appropriate and positive ways to bring back our volunteer(s) or client(s) from the trance beside “you can wake up now...” I’m sure you know about it, too.

Unless, first you’ve mentioned clearly to your volunteer(s) or client(s) about the distinction between “sleep” and “state of trance in hypnosis”. Also between “wake up after regular normal sleep” with “wake up after (emerge from) the state of trance in hypnosis”.

All the best,
Prof. JW
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2006-04-30 10:22, ringmaster wrote:

What DO you do witha crying or histerical subject on stage?
Weitzenhoffer said to rehipmotise, but how do you reinduce somebody in themiddle of an abreaction or violently acting out?
I've seen this happen to Pat Collens.

If so, you witnessed something EXTREMELY rare and, if you watched carefully, you saw EXACTLY how to deal with the situation. Pat was probably the BEST stage hypnotist of the 20th century, bar none.

In general, if you get an abreaction, the first thing you do NOT do is bring the volunteer OUT of trance! Maintain the tance state and work with them from there.

To be honest, this is a very complex question and something that, for an open forum like this one, I will not go into a lot of detail on for numerous reasons, including legal liability ones, as this is not a formalized instructional setting. However, suffice it to say that, if you have to ask, you need more training.

Sorry for giving an answer that may sound a bit snarky, that is not the intent, but it is meant to point out exactly how complex the situation can be.

You have to look at the specifics of the abreaction before you can answer the question.

What CAUSED the abreaction in the first place? CAN you even identify what set the abreaction off in the first place? What is the nature of the abreaction? Laughter, crying, hysterical screaming? Flight from the stage? Catatonia? Spontaneous regression?

Once you can answer those questions, then you can formulate a more appropriate response.

Like I said, it's more complex than a simple "What do I do when they abreact?" question can cover. You have to know so much more.

And that's one of the reasons why I will be teaching the safety course for stage hypnotists at the NGH convention in August.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lee if I may jump in with a strategy which gets overlooked in my view.
Please correct me if I am wrong also if you don't mind. I can take it.

Part of why I have very little trouble with abreactions, is this. I have had a few instances where I was able to cut them off before they got to the abreaction part. You can study body language and you can study them enough, to circimvent SOME, not by any means all, but indeed some, by getting them off the stage and out of trance before they go really bad really fast.

I also keep them it as light a level as possible. Keep them up more than down. I make it tough to get to the abreactions.

I am not saying what to do when they happen, only offering a way to diminish the occurance of them at all.

Hope this helps some.

Kind of the Best defence is a good offense thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Prof. JW
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
20 Posts

Profile of Prof. JW
Just a quick note on Abreaction:

Once again as some of the previous postings have mentioned: the other thing that you can do to prevent the possible appearing of Abreaction is by always being super alert and putting the safety of the volunteers as the # Priority on/off stage.

As you know, it’s part of the good showmanship that we could learn by doing it in the real life as well as learn from the other good, kind, and gentlemen/women hypnotists out there. Or you could also learn by reviewing the DVD/VHS of the good and kind hypnotists (especially Ormond McGill).

With this act of full-awareness as a reflection of a good showmanship i.e. on putting the safety, dignity, and well-being of the volunteers as the #1 Priority on/off the stage, I’m sure you’ll have very little trouble with Abreactions. This means that you must plan the show accordingly: an excellent brief introduction (pre-talk), wise choice of the safest and most suitable deepening tests, excellent-fun-yet-dignify skits that bring not only more laughers, smiles, great time to all in-attendance (both the volunteers and the audiences), but more importantly also to bring more positive, brighter, and better self-improvement to everyone (especially to the volunteers who so kindly and willingly to be on stage to make your show possible) at the same time.

This act of good showmanship is also very good and very effective to bring Hypnosis (stage/clinical) into a greater acceptance in our society. The terrible acts that show of hypnotist’s egomaniac side, arrogance, and the false mind-control games are not only away too out-of-dated; it’s absolutely must be opposed by any good hypnotists for the sake of common good for all parties involved. And this type of horrible acts could easily bring hypnosis back into the dark era once again.

Greetings in good showmanship,
Prof. JW
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
"What DO you do witha crying or histerical subject on stage?
I've seen this happen to Pat Collens."

You just say good night you've been watching Paul Mckenna...and leave quickly..

Or sign them up for a six month therapy course..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The Paul McKenna thing is pure brilliance.

I have my own twist though. I say Lee Darrow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Mr Darrow, Danny et al,

Forgive my ignorance on the topic, but I've had this question for a while & have never fully got an answer from reading your posts. I've read B&G's "Patterns", "Trance-formations", etc. etc. Although I'm only interested from a theoretical/non-practice point of view, they say that pattern-interupt handshake induction on a stranger will put them into a trance, and the hypnotist performing it can take their suggestions from there. Have you read the books? Is hypnosis in NLP an interest of yours, & what's your opinion on this? Pasq.
Sparrow in a barrow.