The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: First ever hypnosis... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bunglebear
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bunglebear
Just a quick survey really. How long did it take you to get your first candidate under? Did you all need quite a few attempts? What did you do when that person was under?

...and any tips for a beginner would be helpful!

Thanks, BBear
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
I often use a variation of the classic handshake induction. It's a consistently deep trance, & has them slipping in & out of consciousness all "over the shop". It's also riddled with pattern interupts such as repeating "Hello!", two or three times into conversation.

Such forced inductions are particularly difficult to perform on wrestlers. They're big men with huge red hands & honestly not worth my time or yours.
Sparrow in a barrow.
bunglebear
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bunglebear
It seems so complicated and must take a lot of rehearsal, how did you learn to do this?
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
I studied with a chap called Mark Hogan.
Sparrow in a barrow.
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
I wish there were a definitive video set teaching hypnosis. I am a skeptic and wish that I were more comfortable with hypnosis. I would really love to believe that it works, however, before I can I am one that has to see to believe. I just cannot see how any of this could work.
MM
Butler # 254
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
See the products here for a good videos explaining hypnosis and induction techniques:
http://georgebien.com/products.htm
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Kyle, I can tell you it works, it worked on me, done by a not so nice guy.
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
Ababelle, I will take your word for it that it does infact work. Power in the hands of evil is never good. I hope all is well with you.
MM
Butler # 254
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I got my wife under after many attempts. I also got my niece under. Trance phenomena 0. My first stage show 20 volunteers and 12 kept for the show. It is all perception. Of course a lot of guts helps too. Understand 1 performer + 20 strangers = Your Show. This is not for the faint hearted. I had studied, practiced and rehearsed. I had no belief other than success when I entered the stage. As far as the audience was concerned I was a hypnotist. No trouble getting volunteers and the show went like clockwork. You had better have full confidence when you enter that stage or it is going to be a long night. Just remember they want you to succeed and they want to be entertaining. Why else would they come up on the stage. If it is to challenge you, you dispense with them immediately. This is your show and no one is going to mess it up.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
MagicalPirate,

I have found all your words on this subject here, and elsewhere VERY helpful and informative...

many thanks!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
WOW can we please get all ideas of "good" and "EVIL" out of our fingers when we type about hypnosis? it has no place in the discussion.

We need to bring hypnosis into the 21st century! granted we have to drag it through the 19th and 20th first but come on!

ALL hypnosis is self hypnosis, THAT is why it works. It is about belief and expectation. NO POWER! the hypnotist has no power. He simply gives directions like a tour guide period. So the point is that people are in control the entire time and will do NOTHING against their will. So good and evil do not enter in to the picture.

Martin is right, the first time you walk on stage with 20 chairs and a microphone and the claim that you will entertain these people for the next about 2 hours it can be quite chilling.

It is complicated indeed and takes a LOT of rehersal of course. Not only stage blocking and entertainment concerns, but saftey concerns as well. THis is where most fall short and it is sad. Most have no insurance and this too is a sad statement. Nothing bad can happen to them in the trance itslef, BUT they can fall and break a wrist comming to the stage, or leaving the stage.

And can we avoid this deteriorating into hypnosis being real or fake thread? If you believe you believe, if not then great.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Just reading through makes me want to learn so much about this.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Gede,
MagicalPirate is from TEXAS. That's why he is so thoughtful and helpful.
Why not leave the City and come down and give us a visit?
'Tis magical, indeed.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Parson,

The MagicalPirate is certainly from town. Longview has paved streets. But I bet you could get him in the newspaper if he came your way. Care to make a prediction? (You can't help but win!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Good to see you on The Café Parson. I missed you a while.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
SHoT
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SHoT
Quote:
On 2005-09-20 07:42, Pasq wrote:
I often use a variation of the classic handshake induction. It's a consistently deep trance, & has them slipping in & out of consciousness all "over the shop". It's also riddled with pattern interupts such as repeating "Hello!", two or three times into conversation.

How long did it take you to learn the handshake induction - I heard it is very difficult?

S%
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Quote:
On 2005-11-02 23:37, MagicalPirate wrote:
I got my wife under after many attempts. I also got my niece under. Trance phenomena 0. My first stage show 20 volunteers and 12 kept for the show. It is all perception. Of course a lot of guts helps too. Understand 1 performer + 20 strangers = Your Show. This is not for the faint hearted. I had studied, practiced and rehearsed. I had no belief other than success when I entered the stage. As far as the audience was concerned I was a hypnotist. No trouble getting volunteers and the show went like clockwork. You had better have full confidence when you enter that stage or it is going to be a long night. Just remember they want you to succeed and they want to be entertaining. Why else would they come up on the stage. If it is to challenge you, you dispense with them immediately. This is your show and no one is going to mess it up.

Martin Smile

While I may disagree with Martin on some fine points about the nature of hypnosis, I find his comments and advise on performing very valuable and insightful. He knows what he is doing up there.

Mark
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2005-09-20 07:33, bunglebear wrote:
Just a quick survey really. How long did it take you to get your first candidate under? Did you all need quite a few attempts? What did you do when that person was under?

Thanks, BBear

I must have got lucky , my first attempt I had the subject under in approx 5-10 mins after induction, (20 mins all told) The session went on for 45 mins It was to stop someone smoking (22 yrs / 25 a day) bearing in mind that was after a lot of studying ...books, dvds, etc
deverett
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of deverett
First time took about an hour. Endless susceptibility tests, just following the booklet stage by stage.

The finer points of observation were lost on me at the time as I was only 10.

Dave Everett
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
On my first attempt I was lucky enough to be in a group of 8 other students whom for them was their first time too.
This made things a lot more comfortable as the chance of failure was not as important or critical.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain