The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Mentalist Beginning Hypnosis (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Having trained and worked over many years in analysis I can say that the objective of the analysist, through hypnotic (doesn't have to be hypnosis)free association, is to actually seek and find the cause of the effect and guide the client INTO an abreaction.
They then say that the bubble has popped and all is permanently fixed.
However, many analysts, over a few drinks (it takes quite a few) wil eventually confess that over many years they have never witnessed an abreaction!
Make of this what you will.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Well said Bob. I've had some pretty strange things happen on stage. Unexpected tears twice, uncontrollable laughter many times - but that's usually me - and once and only once a young girl who spent the whole show 'talking' to her recently departed grandmother on the astral plane. And very happy she was about it too.

I think most hypnotists wouldn't know an abreaction if it got up and bit them, and for most it would.

If you are using direct suggestion properly on stage there should be no chance of anyone doing anything unexpected really, at least nothing you are not prepared to easily handle.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com