The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Street Hypnosis exposed for what it is! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
David

Why would I be a bitter professional? Unlike Reg I am not selling hypnosis products or trainings aimed at the street enthusiasts so why would I help you become a street hypnotist? The truth is I have helped many on here in my posts and by pm by providing them with info and help to pursue a professional direction in either stage or therapy. The archives are full of them...if you care to actually look. But of you are searching for street you won't find anything.

I am not above any amatuer. EVERYBODY starts out as an Amatuer including those bitter professionals you talk about. If I ever do do training and I get asked often it will be training to help create professional hypnotists coaches or therapists that get real results in the real world. That make careers and money from what they do. That hopefully make a difference.

I am not interested in sending people into the streets or bars to ambush the public and get them to stick their hands on their heads. If that how you get your kicks then I will accept its what you want to do. Its just that I am not really interested or inspired teaching you how to do it.

But good luck with it anyway..
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
Like I said before, thanks to Reg I didn't become another Street Hypnosis case. I don't have any special fascination for street hypnosis, I just want to study it seriously, take my time doing so, go one step at the time and nothing more. I know there are no magical shortcuts so I just study and pratice, taking my time.
Despite what the name of Reg's course implies, everything Reg teaches is pointed more to stage hypnosis than street hypnosis. When you get to the end of the course, he provides a bridge for those who want to pursue that path and once again he warns everyone about the dangers, potential problems, etc.
And no the bitter professional comment wasn't directed at you.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
So. You have read all of this, you have seen the theme of the podcast (even if you refuse to listen) yet you still think that's what I teach and encourage?! Unbelievable.

Well, there's no point me saying anything further on this subject since you've already reached that conclusion and refuse to believe anything else.

Anybody else reading this thread and who has listened to the podcast will see just how silly you're being Brian. Wake up, have a good stretch and take a good hard look at yourself.

However, feel free to keep bumping the thread to the top, Antonio and myself are most grateful for that.

Quote:
On 2012-07-13 18:55, mindpunisher wrote:
David

Why would I be a bitter professional? Unlike Reg I am not selling hypnosis products or trainings aimed at the street enthusiasts so why would I help you become a street hypnotist? The truth is I have helped many on here in my posts and by pm by providing them with info and help to pursue a professional direction in either stage or therapy. The archives are full of them...if you care to actually look. But of you are searching for street you won't find anything.

I am not above any amatuer. EVERYBODY starts out as an Amatuer including those bitter professionals you talk about. If I ever do do training and I get asked often it will be training to help create professional hypnotists coaches or therapists that get real results in the real world. That make careers and money from what they do. That hopefully make a difference.

I am not interested in sending people into the streets or bars to ambush the public and get them to stick their hands on their heads. If that how you get your kicks then I will accept its what you want to do. Its just that I am not really interested or inspired teaching you how to do it.

But good luck with it anyway..
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Reg if you make sales out of this great. Its not in my interest to stop you getting sales. If you or Ant get sales from this great. I have taken a good look at myself Reg I know what I like and I know what I want to be associated with.

I haven't listened the podcast no. I have no interest in doing so.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 18:24, mindpunisher wrote:
that's not street hypnosis you are doing its a show its stage hypnosis its not street. that's what everyone forgets. Street hypnosis is just watered down stage hypnosis usually performed very badly. Strett hypnosis is about acosting complete strangers in public places and trying to hypnotize them..

You are wrong, but nevermind.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to jump in here. I don't think any rational reading of this, or any thread Reg has posted would indicate his encouraging these.thinfs. I think we need to get rod if some pre conceived notions and actually read what people write.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-07-14 06:29, hypnokid wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 18:24, mindpunisher wrote:
that's not street hypnosis you are doing its a show its stage hypnosis its not street. that's what everyone forgets. Street hypnosis is just watered down stage hypnosis usually performed very badly. Strett hypnosis is about acosting complete strangers in public places and trying to hypnotize them..

You are wrong, but nevermind.

HK

How would you know? Hypnosis is hypnosis and street is just a watered down amateur version of professional stage hypnosis. Every stunt you see on on any street video has been done on the stage for many many years. There is absolutely nothing new its all as old as the hills. But most getting into hypnosis this way wouldn't have a clue. And that's the problem... I have also seen stage hypnotist hypnotize one person first even that's not a new idea. Robert Halpern used to do it when I was kid.

Danny I don't have a problem with Reg I like him actually and hes good at what he does. I just don't like street hypnosis... in any form.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Wood, trees.

HK
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I had a quick listen to half of the mp3. I think Reg is a genuine guy. But I did find it a bit strange the comments about gangs of hypnotists going about taking away the specialness of hypnosis implying that anybody can do hypnosis. Because that's what marketing street hypnosis has done. You can't clean up an industry or make hypnosis special by selling more cheap products aimed at more street performers. you are just going to get more of the same if not worse. If someone wants to market products this way its their choice but it can only devalue hypnosis more.

Does this mean that Reg has now become the first old crusty street hypnotist because he can't deny the effect of the damage that has been done?
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Oh no, it's not special anymore. I better moan about it.

Probably worth pointing out that the last story on here of a novice hypnotist threatening to cause damage to the industry was an apparently badly trained STAGE hypnotist.

Please, for the love of Bobser, can we simply only hate on the badly trained rather than acting like a monkey and over generalising about all street hypnotists.

HK
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You just don't get it hypnokid..

Hypnosis is hypnosis all these products are killing the industry stage and street.

There is no such a thing as a well trained street hypnotist. Every year in Edinburgh we see jugglers and guys on mono cycles on the street. 10 a penny. Now more magicians trying to do mentalism. Last year I walked up the street and saw 4 all the hand stab with polystyrene cups. Hypnosis in the street is doing the same its devaluing it. And all because dealers want to make a few quick bucks nothing more.

There is no difference between stage or street other than location. But Street is the worst thing to ever happen to hypnosis. It is and will kill it dead. The constant sale of stage hypnosis products are doing just about the same amount of damage too.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I agree about hypnosis being devalued. Every second !@#$%^& is now mentalist now. They are all putting together their version of Derren browns latest show. And every mentalist seem to include rapid inductions. If they can stick a leg to the floor they call themselves a hypnotist and think that they are doing the same stuff as I But they aren't.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
DM said

>>>>Anthony, I agree 100% that "we should encourage amateurs rather than slag them off."

Respectfully, however, you don't say what we should encourage them to do.

Should we encourage them to do what the show claimed some are doing, just stopping random people on the streets and attempting to hypnotize them?
Should we encourage amateurs to stick people's hands to their foreheads or to a trash can?
Should we encourage them to call themselves "hypnotherapists" and help people change their behaviors?

I don't think so.

I do think we should encourage amateurs to GET REAL TRAINING. You know, like taking the trainings you offer. <<<

Have you seen any of the training products such as the Manchurian DM?

Obviously not because all of the above is exactly what Ant teaches. He is one of the main reasons most of the stuff on the podcast that Reg slates are happening. But hes ok with it because that's exactly what he teaches.

Wish people on here would have the back bone to tell it like it is.

However its getting to a point now where it can no longer be ignored hence Reg's podcast.

Which won't change anything other than encourage a few more idiots to add to the decline of hypnosis.

No one is slagging anyone its calling a spade a spade.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I America it is a trend and it takes a decade or so to wind through it.

Hypnosis is one of those things that people always like. Bad hypnotists can AND DO make pretty good money till they run out of first time clients.

The cycle follows different things. Comedy clubs were part of it believe it or not. When comedy clubs boom lots of comedians working. But when they bust lots go to a weekend seminar and are hypnotists offering to work for less than the experienced guy. They even have relationships with the bookers. Then they blow it.

This happens in all sorts of entertainment and it is not going to stop. Sure at one point it might have cost me work but not now. The idea that a street hypnotist has cost anyone work baffles me. Does a guy singing in the street cost recording artists ticket sales? News flash guys the ONLY person who can devalue what you do is YOU.

I for one make sure clients know what I offer is special because of me, not because of what I am offering. It is a different approach but it works. It also keeps them looking for the cheapest they can find.

Complaining about it doesn't help. Gotta adjust or move along. I am not a fan of the street hyp guys either. Mostly because of pure boredom. None has or can cost me a job.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You are in a position that is unique. Much like the only two hypnotists that still work in the UK they have the only two venues that still sell tickets ( nobody knows why). They have both failed outside those venues.

If all of a sudden you lost control over your little safe bubble and loads of hypnotists descended upon your patch causing problems it would affect you. Of course it would.

Putting that aside of course loads of cheap hypnotists will affect a market. Universities over here still use the odd hypnotist. But at one time would pay up to £3k for one. And that was 15 years ago. Now they are paying £160 - £500 maximum. At least that's the ones in my country. And they rebook them every year because they are cheap. And some hypnotists are traveling up to 500 miles to get the gig. Not only that there are four or five hypnotists after each gig.

But devaluing something isn't just about the money. If you can't see how this devalues the art then no point wasting any breath.

Its easy to sit smug when you have locked yourself into a unique venue. Come over here and give it ago.

The only thing that devalues a fee is market driven and markets ALL markets are affected in a number of ways. I saw four magicians do the hand stab with polystyrene cups in one tiny street. I then went to see a show later with the same routine. even the same props. My friend a lay person said at the paid shows..... " I realise now Derren Brown is nothing special anybody can do this" Do you think he will ever go to a paid show again?

I know for a fact he won't he thinks mentalists including Brown are boring now... Same with anything including hypnosis.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You gotta ask how you get locked into those places in the first place? Did I fall off a turnip truck in front of the place?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Okay, MonkeyPunisher, continue to moan. Impromptu hypnotists weren't sharking for the venues you were playing, only better and cheaper stage hypnotists were. And you know what, you lost out, probably because you moaned about it instead of doing something about it. Maybe you weren't good enough, or maybe you were too expensive, or maybe venue managers just didn't want to work with you ever again, who knows?

I take it you've never heard of NLP? Apparently it can help you change the way you think and act. Maybe you should seek out a hypnotherapist - I understand Anthony Jacquin is excellent at this and very reasonable value for money.

In the mean time, man up and accept your own involvement in your lack of career. Street or impromptu hypnotists are not your enemy nor the cause of your lack of work. But if you would prefer to spend your time moaning instead of working then carry on. I doubt many are still reading.

Happy hypnosis

HK
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
HK, what an immature post. Nothing more to say on it really.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 13:32, Dannydoyle wrote:
You gotta ask how you get locked into those places in the first place? Did I fall off a turnip truck in front of the place?

Its easy to explain how you get locked into those places Danny you get there first! Once these places are gone they are gone. (unless a hypnotist makes a complete arse of it) If you were starting out today you wouldn't be able to get them you even told me that yourself in a pm. I am not downing you in anyway that is simply the truth. On the other hand If I were trying to break into the situation you are in should there be one available you would be the first guy I would approach because I recognize your expertise gained over the years. I have a lot of respect for you in that regards,
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 05:54, hypnokid wrote:
Okay, MonkeyPunisher, continue to moan. Impromptu hypnotists weren't sharking for the venues you were playing, only better and cheaper stage hypnotists were. And you know what, you lost out, probably because you moaned about it instead of doing something about it. Maybe you weren't good enough, or maybe you were too expensive, or maybe venue managers just didn't want to work with you ever again, who knows?

I take it you've never heard of NLP? Apparently it can help you change the way you think and act. Maybe you should seek out a hypnotherapist - I understand Anthony Jacquin is excellent at this and very reasonable value for money.

In the mean time, man up and accept your own involvement in your lack of career. Street or impromptu hypnotists are not your enemy nor the cause of your lack of work. But if you would prefer to spend your time moaning instead of working then carry on. I doubt many are still reading.

Happy hypnosis

HK

You've just illustrated why I don't like cheap products encouraging kids to play around with hypnosis. Its nothing to do with my career it just saddens me to see hypnosis being dragged into the gutter. How could I expect you to understand when that's they only place you have been. ( and more than likely will ever be ) I apologize for crediting you with more intelligence than you actually have. you don't even know what real hypnosis is.