The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Female Hypnotists and Mentalists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
I am not sure exactly when she started but she recently did a performance for Ideacity that used some hypnosis elements. Mind you it wasn't strictly hypnosis but it did incorporate some elements.
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Quote:
On 2012-05-22 20:05, Mindpro wrote:
Her performances weren't that great on that show, but she was good for viewers.

I agree, they may not have been the best but at least her performances were entertaining enough, to say the least.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-05-24 08:46, Akil wrote:
I am not sure exactly when she started but she recently did a performance for Ideacity that used some hypnosis elements. Mind you it wasn't strictly hypnosis but it did incorporate some elements.

Hypnosis elements? What is that exactly?

I am not ranting at you Akil per se, but this is just starting to get out of control. It is terrible when sales pitches start to creep into our lexicon.

Either you are a hypnotist or not. The idea that someone uses "elements" is absurd. I know it is the sales pitch that often mentalists use. It has been happening for a long time because of the comparison to the hypnosis show so they say they "encorporate elements" and in reality do nothing more than force a card. They use more "elements" of card cheat demonstrations than hypnosis!

Then you have the people selling tricks who make claims that they encorporate elements, and therefore mentalists use it in their sales pitch. Cool. I don't care how anyone sells their show, or what they tell their audience, but lets not start using the terms ourselves as if there is some sort of validity to them ok?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Well I apologize for the misunderstanding, maybe I was a bit too vague, what I meant was that her performance was not centered around hypnosis but she did hypnotize a member of the audience during the show.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You see this is exactly what I mean in the "Mass Hypnosis" thread downstairs. People will see this fake hypnosis and think it's real. As far as I know she is not a hypnotist and as far as my basic research shows, she has never claimed to be. I'm almost sure Akil is a youngster, that doesn't really have an understanding of what hypnosis is. What he thinks or believes she did in "hypnotizing a member of the audience during the show" was in reality not at all hypnosis, but as I'm referring to in the other thread, a magician pretending to use hypnosis when in reality it's simply just a fake facade for the deception. The problem is Akil and the audience will be led to believe it's the real thing.
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
I am by no means an expert on hypnosis so I am not surprised to hear you say that Mindpro, if I was wrong for thinking that she did hypnotize someone then I do apologize. I simply did not know that's what she did wasn't hypnosis. I simply stated what I thought is what based off of information I have gleaned for myself. Clearly I need to educate myself further on what hypnosis is and is not. Again, my mistake.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No problem, I was just pointing out in another thread that magicians too often use hypnosis as a cover or theme for a magic trick and yet pass it off as hypnosis when in reality they are doing nothing close to hypnosis and have little knowledge or education on hypnosis. The problem I have is to those who do not know the difference (viewers/audiences), they actually believe that it was in fact hypnosis, and then that becomes their belief of what they think hypnosis is. Please understand I was not picking on your or discrediting you in any way, just pointing out that this is much more of a common occurance than most realize. Unfortunately magicians/mentalists are some of the worst offenders, as they have no concern about the improper light and perspective they are carelessly putting on hypnosis. (they could just as effectively use Influence or other mental possibilities as them theme without doing such discredit to another profession) It is a lack of professional respect.

Just so you understand, you responded just as she wanted you to. Unfortunately that is part of the bigger problem. As another poster Sean stated in the thread downstairs, he thought a hypnotist could essentially make anyone do anything. This all perpetuates the misperceptions and credibility of hypnosis.

If a stage hypnotist went on stage and used magic as a theme for an routine, yet portrayed in in an improper light or perspective, the entire magic community would be screaming foul play, exposure, hang him!
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Would you classify the technique being used as NLP or would you say that it is something different entirely?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
NLP has nothing to do with magic. again it used to dress effects. I think you asrereally talking about effects that depend upon suggestion to work. They aren't NLP they just use suggestion are highly unreliable and you would be much better using more guaranteed methods to achieve similar results.
enteny wega
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of enteny wega
NLP s not hypnosis. Two differnt things, but could use together.
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
I think Akil might be referring to this performance of Angela http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGn42dBiiPw

David Sena
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Brenda Kaye is a female hypnotist-mainly works cruises (NCL)
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI