The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Is the new hypnosis being marketed on the internet real? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 04:08, WillBox wrote:
I treat NLP trainers with blazing suspicion,

I am not certain you needed to add the word "trainers".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I'm completely familiar with NLP. I have no way of judging the validity of your claims to being such a wonderful motivational speaker, but I can see why if your claims are even partially valid you might be upset over my claims about what happens in a training culture.

However, you previous and even repeated errors about what NLP is, how it started, and what it involves would make anyone question what you have to say on these topics.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Thank you David,

It's good to hear or read some comments from someone that has actually bought the products and is trying them.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
I am not going to agree or disagree with the professionals about NLP or hypnosis, because I just got certified as a practitioner in both a couple of months ago. But I should say that the two methods that MP is referring to were indeed mentioned by my trainer when I took the course.

Giovanni.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Just to summarize what I have learnt from you guys in this post, I think hypnosis depends a lot on the person performing it, as any other area of magic.

I think it was Robert Houdin (please correct me if my memory isn’t right) who said that when actors start doing magic, magicians would loose their jobs.

I’ve seen people that do not know anything about hypnosis, but can induce it on other people just by repeating something that they saw on a show or TV, but really assuming the hypnotist character, just like a good actor.

I know also someone that has been practicing hypnotherapy for a decade, with inductions that work sometimes and sometimes do not. And I can tell his problem is that he does not assume the character since he always speaks in the same tone and follows a German script, that he learnt years ago, all the time. (My NLP trainer suggested that hypnosis is better when it adapts to every situation and patient, therefore id not good to use always the same script)

Best regards to you all,

Giovanni.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 00:04, dmkraig wrote:
I'm completely familiar with NLP. I have no way of judging the validity of your claims to being such a wonderful motivational speaker, but I can see why if your claims are even partially valid you might be upset over my claims about what happens in a training culture.

However, you previous and even repeated errors about what NLP is, how it started, and what it involves would make anyone question what you have to say on these topics.

Why would I be upset with your claims? First of all I have no emotional investment in training cultures. Secondly you seem to give your posts more credibility and importance than they have. I think you are giving your mind a treat. The only reason I even reply is because I want to give OTHERS (not you)the truth based upon hard earned experience. I am not "familiar" with NLP - Ive trained and been certified since 1992.

Since then Ive developed my own processes that have and are creating dramatic results for business people. When I was a stage performer at the peak I was filling 1000 seater venues for months at a time. Without any agents only my own skills.

Ive done a bit in my time. I am sharing my experience and knowledge. Shame some are so small minded. When someone talks about success and results I listen. In fact Ive paid many thousands of pounds over the years just to listen to those that have achieved them. I am constantly trying to move beyond the presnent limits of where I am. Some people I guess just build themselves into thier limitations.

I feel sorry for them. But if an arm chair critic and expert gets off on feeling important I guess at least hes happy.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
How kind of you, mindpunisher, to lower yourself to bring "the truth" to others. Why, you're even offering to "give" it to them. Perhaps people should bow down to you and just acknowledge you as the new messiah, bringing truth to the world.

It's a shame that all of your studies and teachings have turned you into an egocentric know-it-all. I imagine you might actually have some good things to share after people ignore your incredibly obvious errors, but your attitude will prevent people from getting anything from it.

Get the book _Instant Rapport_ by Brooks. You might learn how to take off your halo and talk with people rather than down to them.
DavidLynn
View Profile
New user
Rural Victoria, Aus-(Oz)-tralia
43 Posts

Profile of DavidLynn
Hey tirri, I think these guys are having a battle over (and above) our heads.

On your last point I am tending to agree with you. Scripts need to be customised to person and circumstances. I've been doing a lot of reading now on "general" hypnosis and this new hyped "underground" stuff. It seems that the effective therapists (the ones that actually get results that work for the client) do a lot of pre session talk to get to issues and then develop targeted scripts to those needs of the client. The same applies to the "underground/conversational" type. Have a chat with person first. this builds your social proofs and offers the seduction elements and then as conversation builds I guess high impact language and NLP starts to kick in and voila! hypnotic state is entered and (allegedly) suggestions can then be placed.

As far as POWERING your suggestions into someone.... Mate jury is still out on this concept for me at this point in time. I need to do a few more practical sessions with people I know so I can get a better gauge on effectiveness of my techniques.

Now as far as buying this stuff, yeah if you got some extra cash go for it. Knowledge is knowledge no matter what.

Hey if you go for the conversational one by igor whats-his-name get back to me with a critique please.

Best of regards
Dave
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I attended a conference/workshop yesterday and the M.D. did a regression thearpy session from start to finish with a trauma victum. He did bascially what you said David. He did the pre-induction interview then just did a conversational imagery induction that was super smooth. Sure, we had already been induced a few times but I really like this conversational Milton approach and hope I can get proficient with it.

Can someone recommend some good source easy read books?

Candin
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 09:55, Candin wrote:

Candin

If you want a good book, try Training Trances, by John Overdurf and Julie Silverthorn. Excellent book for conversational stuff, and does a great job of inducing conversational trance in writing as well. It's available on Amazon.

For other media types, I would highly recommend either Igor Ledochowski's conversational hypnosis program or David Snyder's program. I've met David Snyder at a convention and taken a live workshop, and I've got Igor Ledochowski's program. I also recently watched some of David's program when he made it available as part of the Global Hypnosis Summit over on Hypnothoughts.com.

Both are excellent programs and well worth the money.

Joshua
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
I really like this conversational Milton approach and hope I can get proficient with it.

Candin

Don't know about easy read but Patterns 1 should be on your shelf. Training Trances is a manual I recommend more than any other. I do not have it but I am guessing Igor Ledochowskis 'oversational Hypnosis' will teach you the language patterns of Milton too. It is rated by many.

The easy way is to master pacing and leading, revivification and conscious/unconscious dissociation. I posted extensively on these on the Reality is Plastic group on Hypnothoughts. My inspiration came from the books listed above.

All the best.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Anthony, Cannot find anything on search engines for oversational Hypnosis. Is there a different name for it perhaps?

Regards

C
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
LOL. 'Conversational Hypnosis'. Ignore his resellers over the top sales pages.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ha, thanks Anthony.