The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: My Opener by J.P. Vallarino & Jordan Victoria (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
758 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Https://ellusionist.com/products/my-opener

As this is a prediction effect, you need to buy the opposite color to the deck you intend to use in performance.
If you use a red bicycle rider back deck, buy the BLUE gimmick.
If you use a blue bicycle rider back deck, buy the RED gimmick.

IT'S REPEATABLE

The ingenious method allows for you to perform this effect multiple times in a row - and have a different outcome each time. They see the box empty, they see you put one prediction card in - but time after time you can have it match their selection. A worker's dream.

FREE & LOOSE

Be free with your performance and let your audience call stop whenever they like. It's not a one-way force, which means you can show all the cards are different before and after the performance. The deck can even be inspected.

ALL IN ONE

Everything fits into one deck box, including the deck you're about to perform with. So you don't need to carry 5 pockets full of gaffs. It's just one deck box - and that deck could be used for your other effects too.

BECOME THE LEGEND

J.P. Vallarino is a legend within magic. His book release last year was one of the most popular ever. Everyone raves about this guy's creations & taste when it comes to magic. Now YOU can perform his opener.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1194 Posts

Profile of dj
Although this probably doesn't have much to do with this new effect by J.P. Vallrino, I would still like to say that for me J. P.Vallarino is also a legend in card magic, a card poet when it comes to card handling.
His card handling is incredible.
I have never seen a magician who can handle cards as beautifully as J.P. Vallarino.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, dj wrote:
Although this probably doesn't have much to do with this new effect by J.P. Vallrino, I would still like to say that for me J. P.Vallarino is also a legend in card magic, a card poet when it comes to card handling.
His card handling is incredible.
I have never seen a magician who can handle cards as beautifully as J.P. Vallarino.

I think there's always time and space to pay respect to someone, especially when it's in such a kind and loving way.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3375 Posts

Profile of tophatter
You could just show a regular deck & Force a card from the red deck & the blue back prediction card is in the envelope !
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, tophatter wrote:
You could just show a regular deck & Force a card from the red deck & the blue back prediction card is in the envelope !

Guess the advantage with this is the immediate repeatability?
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Doesn’t look natural the way he takes the card from the pack he’s covering the opposite corner, miss index ??Forcing a picture card?
Haribopeep
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Haribopeep
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, cardbiker wrote:
Doesn’t look natural the way he takes the card from the pack he’s covering the opposite corner, miss index ??Forcing a picture card?

100% agree the prediction card is misindexed and it’s obvious on the display and picture card force.
There is nothing original about this at all.
Where is magic going it’s so obvious the regurgitation of everything I have seen before.
Quite embarrassing really and yes JP is a legend but while spoil that legacy??
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3375 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Repeat It again with a different Force card ! I don't understand tricks like this when you can accomplish the same effect with a force card ! That's how I have done
it for the last 25 years .
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, Haribopeep wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, cardbiker wrote:

100% agree the prediction card is misindexed and it’s obvious on the display and picture card force.
There is nothing original about this at all.
Where is magic going it’s so obvious the regurgitation of everything I have seen before.
Quite embarrassing really and yes JP is a legend but while spoil that legacy??

Trailer says "normal deck" and "100% free choice"
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
The deck is normal, it’s the prediction card that’s gimmicked. And as far as it saying “100% Free Choice” in the trailer, I think the wording is such that it can mean that the participant has a 100% free choice over a bank of cards, but not a free choice from 100% of the deck! I think it’s their way of saying there’s no equivoque used - but like others have pointed out, from the trailer, it looks like only court cards end up being the prediction, so I’d be super impressed if the participant had a 100% free choice of 100% of all cards!!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2889 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Pffffff… I hate it when they word the ad so they are technically right but it underdelivers. Luckily the best creators don’t do that anymore. They don’t need to, because if you sell a quality product it will sell itself. And for a long-term relationship with your customers it’s also crucial to create trust. I’ve reached the point where I boycot tricks that use this tactic.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Doesn't it also say "new method"? I don't understand how they're able to make that claim
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

I agree. It’s such a shame when they try to make more of it than it is. There’s no need. The only effect it had is make us suspicious. “Hmm… that’s not true. Are they lying about the other stuff as well?”
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Yeah,even if there's more to the method than just mis-indexed cards it's not a "100% New Method" as claimed. I guess "7% new method" or whatever didn't sound as good
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

Smile