The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Superimposed by Craig Petty (104 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4325 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
From Penguin Magic site:

Vanish three cards from the deck and then make them reappear between the aces. Vanish them again and make them reappear printed onto those same aces! Take the Collectors plot to an incredible new level with Craig Petty’s Superimpose.

Here’s what happens:

Three cards vanish from the deck and reappear between the Aces the spectator is holding. Then, they vanish again and reappear printed on the same Aces! THE SPECIAL CARDS DO ALL THE WORK.
Four aces are fairly removed from the deck, shown on both sides and placed under a spectator's finger. Your audience selects three cards. Those cards get lost in the deck, where they vanish without a trace. You then spread the aces that have been under their finger since the beginning of the trick, and impossibly, the selected cards have appeared interlaced between the aces. To kick it up a notch, you place the selected cards face-up in a face-down deck this time. The audience squares the cards, and then the deck is spread to show the selections have immediately vanished. The Aces are spread again and somehow, the selected cards appear to have been printed onto the Aces, and these cards are immediately examinable.

Superimpose is a crazy kicker ending to the classic Collector’s plot created by Roy Walton. You receive specially printed and treated cards that make this trick nearly self-working. The gimmicked cards make the vanishes and appearances squeaky clean. Superimpose is super easy to perform, and the kicker ending is something even magicians don’t see coming. Don’t just collect the selections; start fusing them into the impossible with Superimpose by Craig Petty.

Price $24.95

Looks like another practical and fun routine by Mr. Petty. I already pre-ordered.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
Just watched the trailer and it looks like another winner for Mr Petty Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2896 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I haven't finished the coffee yet I started drinking since he released his last trick.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6788 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I haven't finished the coffee yet I started drinking since he released his last trick.

Well you just caused me to spit out my coffee with that comment!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, magicinsight wrote:
From Penguin Magic site:

Vanish three cards from the deck and then make them reappear between the aces. Vanish them again and make them reappear printed onto those same aces! Take the Collectors plot to an incredible new level with Craig Petty’s Superimpose.

Here’s what happens:

Three cards vanish from the deck and reappear between the Aces the spectator is holding. Then, they vanish again and reappear printed on the same Aces! THE SPECIAL CARDS DO ALL THE WORK.
Four aces are fairly removed from the deck, shown on both sides and placed under a spectator's finger. Your audience selects three cards. Those cards get lost in the deck, where they vanish without a trace. You then spread the aces that have been under their finger since the beginning of the trick, and impossibly, the selected cards have appeared interlaced between the aces. To kick it up a notch, you place the selected cards face-up in a face-down deck this time. The audience squares the cards, and then the deck is spread to show the selections have immediately vanished. The Aces are spread again and somehow, the selected cards appear to have been printed onto the Aces, and these cards are immediately examinable.

Superimpose is a crazy kicker ending to the classic Collector’s plot created by Roy Walton. You receive specially printed and treated cards that make this trick nearly self-working. The gimmicked cards make the vanishes and appearances squeaky clean. Superimpose is super easy to perform, and the kicker ending is something even magicians don’t see coming. Don’t just collect the selections; start fusing them into the impossible with Superimpose by Craig Petty.

Price $24.95

Looks like another practical and fun routine by Mr. Petty. I already pre-ordered.

Thanks for posting this! I absolutely love collectors as a plot and have performed almost every version out there

This marks the end of years of trial and error. I wanted self working version of collectors where the collector cards were held by a spectator from the beginning and the vanish was an actual complete vanish (instead of losing the cards in the deck and showing they have arrived). I also wanted to repeat this for a second phase but I wanted something extra to happen. It took a long time to get to this point and I am so happy with the structure. It’s pretty much self working and very commercial. I’ve been performing this for a long time and I’m so glad it’s now released.

Thanks for the interest. Any questions please let me know
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, warren wrote:
Just watched the trailer and it looks like another winner for Mr Petty Smile

Thanks, Warren. That means a lot coming from you.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:

You should’ve ordered an espresso. Then you would have finished it.!!!!!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Well you just caused me to spit out my coffee with that comment!

Likewise!!!!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
First phase: in the trailer you say the volunteer can check there are only four cards at any stage, Craig.

How thoroughly?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, leipzisch wrote:
First phase: in the trailer you say the volunteer can check there are only four cards at any stage, Craig.

How thoroughly?

Great question. In all honesty, they never want to look at the packet under their hand. But many times I will ask them to spread the cards out and make sure there are still four cards. You could have them lift up their hand, pick the cards up and show there are still four Aces. It’s very possible for you to get them to lift their finger up, pick up the packet and hand it to them and let them check to see that there are four aces. In all honesty, I would not do that mainly because it is not needed, It’s really just over proving

I said generally, people do not want to even look at the packet as no focus or interest has been put on it at that point.

Does that answer your question?
Tschark86
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
Looks like another winner.

I challenged myself to not buy anything "unnecessary" for a month, but this will go straight into my cart as soon as No-Magic-May ends Smile
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, Tschark86 wrote:
Looks like another winner.

I challenged myself to not buy anything "unnecessary" for a month, but this will go straight into my cart as soon as No-Magic-May ends Smile

Thanks so much! It’s very commercial and I think the price point is very good!

No-Magic-May is hilarious! The No-Nut-November of the magic world!

Good luck with your restraint!!
Deckhead
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever liked any version of the collectors. It just never intrigued me. That is until Craig showed me this. I don’t think we should underestimate the power of a routine like this to a lay person. Also the power of specially printed cards, something they have probably never even seen. There’s a buzz going around about this trick and for good reason.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just my speculation, I honestly believe that the spectators cannot CHECK the deck after the cards are placed in the deck and vanish as Craig clearly states in the demo because they will notice the gimmicked cards.

Yes, You can spread the deck face down to show they have vanished but I believe the spectator will not be able to pick up the deck and go through it face up to check and see if the cards have vanished without noticing the gimmicked cards.

Though maybe I am wrong but clarification would be nice.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Memoryzero
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Memoryzero
RNK you are correct, I have every plot of this.
I personally prefer untreated card versions.
Very easy for me to back track and the video I saw the first stage the reactions looked muted.
Craig had to tell them to basically applaud.
I know better versions as I don’t like the treatment disappearance, particularly face up as it’s obvious to me.
Also the card handling looked very unnatural.
Still will kill most layman but so do a lot of cleaner versions.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, leipzisch wrote:

How thoroughly?

Great question. In all honesty, they never want to look at the packet under their hand. But many times I will ask them to spread the cards out and make sure there are still four cards. You could have them lift up their hand, pick the cards up and show there are still four Aces. It’s very possible for you to get them to lift their finger up, pick up the packet and hand it to them and let them check to see that there are four aces. In all honesty, I would not do that mainly because it is not needed, It’s really just over proving

I said generally, people do not want to even look at the packet as no focus or interest has been put on it at that point.

Does that answer your question?

It does!
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, RNK wrote:
Just my speculation, I honestly believe that the spectators cannot CHECK the deck after the cards are placed in the deck and vanish as Craig clearly states in the demo because they will notice the gimmicked cards.

Yes, You can spread the deck face down to show they have vanished but I believe the spectator will not be able to pick up the deck and go through it face up to check and see if the cards have vanished without noticing the gimmicked cards.

I watched the trailer and I definitely wouldn't mess with this. The effect being sold is that the selections vanish from the deck and become part of the aces, so any layperson will be paying attention to the selections and the aces. Based on what I saw on the trailer, if the spectator wants to see the deck face up at the end, which naturally they will want to see if the selections are really gone (because you announced that), will reveal extra aces in the deck! Because they will see the aces on the other side of those cards!

We all know how aces stick out like a sore thumb, especially when the spectator is primed to think about those selections and the aces.

That completely contradicts the effect because supposedly the selections are melting into the aces!?

Correct me if I am wrong?
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, Memoryzero wrote:
RNK you are correct, I have every plot of this.
I personally prefer untreated card versions.
Very easy for me to back track and the video I saw the first stage the reactions looked muted.
Craig had to tell them to basically applaud.
I know better versions as I don’t like the treatment disappearance, particularly face up as it’s obvious to me.
Also the card handling looked very unnatural.
Still will kill most layman but so do a lot of cleaner versions.

I have to agree, I already carry very minimal and I mean very minimal, maybe one gimmickef card with me when I perform at events due to the fast-paced trying to hit every group scenario. This effect definitely isn't strong enough to warrant carrying the extra gimmicked cards for an effect that you tell a spectator the cards vanished but yet cannot show both sides of the deck that they truly are gone. Yes, I understand you place them face up in a face down deck but when you're saying the deck can be checked, to me that means The spectator can grab the deck and look at it as much as they want to see that the cards have vanished, which doesn't seem to be the case for this. To me that is partly misleading advertisement.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, Deckhead wrote:
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever liked any version of the collectors. It just never intrigued me. That is until Craig showed me this. I don’t think we should underestimate the power of a routine like this to a lay person. Also the power of specially printed cards, something they have probably never even seen. There’s a buzz going around about this trick and for good reason.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it.

I cannot wait to see people using this in the real world. It gets crazy reactions every time

Cheers
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, RNK wrote:

There are two phases in the routine. In the first phase the cards vanish and you spread through the deck face up and show they have gone. They can even spread the deck themselves. In the second phase the cards vanish face up in a fave down deck. The action of the deck being spread face down shows the cards have vanished. I then briefly spread the deck face up and put focus on the cards. As you are technically repeating the trick they know what is going to happen so the focus is on the reappearance and the fusion effect. The vanish in the second phase is not questioned and is actually cleaner as they vanish from a face down deck

Hope that makes sense

Cheers