The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The EDC Wallet by Patrick Redford & Tony Miller (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2849 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Well this is different. I've never seen a magic wallet made out of cork leather.

From the demo video, it looks like part wallet and part ShamWow.

What do you think?

From the ad:

RFA Productions & Patrick Redford presents The EDC Wallet

The ultimate card to wallet and peek wallet combo.

Tony Miller, Patrick Redford and RFA productions have teamed up to bring you one of the most versatile wallets designed specifically for the mentalist and magician.

As a deception tool, it's packed full of secrets:

Mentalists will love the different peek options. The EDC wallet boasts four different full peeks that allow you to covertly read the entire surface of a business card inserted into the wallet when it's closed. The SUC feature built into the EDC wallet is used with the kind permission of Mark Strivings. The wallet helps facilitate both nail writing techniques and pocket writing techniques.

Magicians will love the three different ways the wallet may secretly take a playing card.

There's a no palm card to wallet option where a card appears between the bills in the bill compartment of the wallet.

A card may also be secretly loaded into the ID compartment within the snap enclosure.

The wallet may be loaded despite being completely bound in rubber bands while remaining in full view.

It's made to be a functional wallet, boasting six credit card pockets that can comfortably hold multiple cards in each slot, an ID window, and a bill fold component to hold cash, not as an afterthought but as a design feature.

The EDC wallet is made from a high-quality cork leather making it more durable than even the highest quality animal leather. It's crush proof and waterproof.

Available in limited quantities.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S37269

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2047 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Tony's work is always good. Another wallet I'll have to get someday. You know the drill, "Hi, I'm Nathan, and I'm a wallet addict."

Love that it has SUC feature, and very intrigued by the cork leather.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
676 Posts

Profile of David Burke
I've never owned a cork wallet, but this one is fantastic, and the training by 'Not Patrick Redford' is fantastic.

And of course, every wallet I've owned that's been made by Tony has been extremely high quality and workmanship.

Hi Rose!!

Dr. David Burke - Psychic Illusionist
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Upon close Inspection I can see one of my old wine corks in the credit card holder.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have it and I think it’s great, the tuition Patrick does is excellent as well.

It takes me a little white to not be bothered by the always-wet look with the cork leather but for the features I’m quite okay with it.

He teaches how it can be used for a confabulation which is quite nice!

Nothing bad to say about this wallet really. Very decent peeks. I love that it has a SUC feature for a peek/load/steal and an effective CTW the somewhat traditional manner using your ID as a guide.

I quite like it, I needed a replacement as the stitching of my FPS wallet was coming undone since having it from its initial release.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
Two things that would concern me with this wallet are first of all the thickness as it looks quite thick from what I can see although I could be mistaken, also I dislike using slides as I just can't get on with them having used JOL wallets for decades.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
736 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
This sounds functionally great, just not a big fan of the cork leather aesthetically. Shame it's not available in real leather for that reason but I respect Patrick's ethics.
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of influentialist
It looks bigger than the Cassidy, which is a little too large for my EDC. Some cool features thoufh, so could be a good buy if you don't mind the size.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1071 Posts

Profile of dman11
I'd be interested if it had a leather option. Not a fan of that cork appearance.
lunarfires
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of lunarfires
I also prefer the wallet in normal black or brown leather
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2899 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I really like the look and knowing how durable cork leather is is an extra bonus. Plus the ethical consideration, which I like too. I'm sold.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, warren wrote:
Two things that would concern me with this wallet are first of all the thickness as it looks quite thick from what I can see although I could be mistaken, also I dislike using slides as I just can't get on with them having used JOL wallets for decades.

As to thickness it is actually thinner than the leather equivalent. As to the slide this is the only wallet I make that uses a slide. But most people seem to prefer it.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, influentialist wrote:
It looks bigger than the Cassidy, which is a little too large for my EDC. Some cool features thoufh, so could be a good buy if you don't mind the size.
as I have the Cassidy I can assure you it is smaller.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of influentialist
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2024, Doomo wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, influentialist wrote:
as I have the Cassidy I can assure you it is smaller.

I also have the Cassidy, but not this one, that is why I said "it looks" larger.

Can you list the width, height and thickness of both so we can make the comparisons? Cheers!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have seen another of Tony's cork creations - a prototype - and the quality was truly excellent and material resilient. I am sure this will be just as good and more likely better.

Neil
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
572 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
The demo where the wallet is balled up and also thrown in a bowl of water makes for good optics, but for me not very useful. As I never crumple up my wallet like that and am not planning to perform under water. But the other features are really interesting as a combo. And I respect both the names here.

But the wallet already looks beaten up - is it the nature of cork wallets? So a bit on the fence here.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2024, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
The demo where the wallet is balled up and also thrown in a bowl of water makes for good optics, but for me not very useful. As I never crumple up my wallet like that and am not planning to perform under water. But the other features are really interesting as a combo. And I respect both the names here.

But the wallet already looks beaten up - is it the nature of cork wallets? So a bit on the fence here.
the demo is to show the resilient nature of the wallet. With a traditional leather wallet a few drops of water as can easily happen at a restaurant or bar can ruin a wallet. The crumbling was to illustrate that it is VERY wrinkle resistant. Mine isc3 years old. It has 12 credit cards and a bunch of paper money and doesn't have any wrinkles and still peeks and loads perfectly. The wallet is named the Efery Day Carry for a specific reason. It is one of the only magic wallet that you can use EVERYDAY.

www.rfaproductions.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3275 Posts

Profile of 252life
After carefully studying the ad copy I have one burning question.
There is a large pocket clearly shown running the length of the wallet. In it there appeared to be long rectangular pieces of paper with different numbering. What the heck are those things, and why do NONE of my 400 wallets contain these?
Maybe N Patrick can address this directly, since I doubt I am alone in my confusion.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2899 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
400 to me seems underestimating it. Back on topic.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
UKNeil
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Another wallet eh?
Seriously, it looks good. Certainly looks like its going to last.
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com